Pole and its collocations

I know that the word pole is sometimes be used to mean something opposite. I wonder if you can say that someone belongs to a pole or supports it.

Is the following quasi-sentence correct: he can be described as …only by means of falsification?

1-- I wonder if you can say that someone belongs to a pole or supports it. – This sounds odd. A person is usually ‘at a pole’.

2-- He can be described as …only by means of falsification? – I can imagine this possibility, yes.

One meaning of pole is the imaginary line at the north and south pole. So one could say we are poles apart. Meaning we have opposite views.

Someone who is bi-polar has a mental condition. Sometimes they are very excited (manic) and sometimes they are depressed. Bi, meaning two, polar meaning opposite, so opposite feelings, very happy and very sad.

A Pole is a person from Poland.

Your usage is a bit odd.

worldtour

To put it in a nutshell, are the following sentences correct:
He is not any of those poles

At those poles there are mutually hostile groups?

No wonder that a Pole is so much interested in a pole :slight_smile:

The meanings of the sentences are evident, and the grammar is fine; the first, however, is non-native because the poles in the idiom are the poles that worldtour indicated: two poles, North and South, positive and negative, etc.-- (from OneLook Dict) one of two divergent or mutually exclusive opinions.

I made a typing error in the first one. It should have been He is not at either of the poles.

That’s better!