please rate my writing (thanks for help)

can you please rate my writing as I prepare myself for IELTS exam

the writing about

Tests and examinations are a central feature of school systems in many countries.
Do you think the educational benefits of testing outweigh any disadvantages?
Give reasons for your answer, and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

You should write at least 250 words.

here is the writing

Tests and examinations are a main feature of school regime in a lot of countries. they have a lot of benefits as well as some disadvantages. I do believe that tests should be well designed to fulfill its main target which is evaluating students. It is important to mention that evaluation should be without making stress on students.

Some people argue that tests are not a good proof that the student understand certain material. For example, if the examiner want to evaluate the examinee on a material of 500 pages and he put 100 questions for that purpose. 100 questions for 500 pages means 1 question per 5 pages and that means that the examiner will not be able to cover the whole material. However, this is not completely true because difficulty on covering the whole material will be only in the case of single exam evaluation. If there are several exams the subject material to be tested will be covered more perfectly. For instance, some kind of oral, practical and written tests are a good example of overall evaluation method as it help us to know the level of the student.

Some people claim that many tests means a lot of tension and pressure that the student can suffer. As if there is a student who have a test every month and assignment every week this will put him under pressure. On the other hand this kind of view cannot be accepted because having several test will decrease the load that each test share on the overall grade. Having small amount of marks on each exam will help the student to compensate any failure at certain exam.

Besides, having an exam as a way of evaluation encourage the students to do their best and to compete with the others in order to proof their skills. Like the student who want to have better job want to proof their skills on the exam in order to be accepted on that job.

All in all, exams are a good way for evaluating student skills. Without test we do not have method of evaluation as well as killing the reason for competition between students So is that what we need.

368 words

thanks in advance

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture on Animal Behavior by a professor of Biology

Hi, your writing is not too bad. I think your essay organization was pretty good, although your thesis statement was a little weak. Your have a lot of problems with your verb conjugations. Your vocabulary is pretty basic and you have some awkward and unclear phrases. Your example about the number of questions per page seemed a little long - I would try to use shorter but more numerous examples. Still, not a bad job overall, I would rate this a band 6.

your notes are really helpful and I will try to improve my vocabulary

Thank you very much