Please rate my essay

1. Students at universities often have a choice of places to live. They may choose to live in university dormitories, or they may choose to live in apartments in the community. Compare the advantages of living in university housing with the advantages of living in an apartment in the community. Where would you prefer to live? Give reasons for your preference.

There is a debate as to whether students who go to university should live in university dormitries or in the apartment. In my perspective, I would prefer to live in a dormitry adjacent to its university. Although, living in an apartment also has some benefitial points, living in a dormitry has more advantages.

First of all, I think that this is the biggest reason, though, it dose not take much minutes for studenst who live in a dormitry to arrive thier campus. In other words, a university dormitry is very near to its university, of course. That results that studenst can save thier time and spend on studying, researching, and relaxing.

However, needless to say, living in an apartment also has advantages which are students who live in an apartment can communicate with local people. University students actually do not have many oppotunities to talk to residents who live around a university. I think that chatting with unfamiliar people gives them various imformation; from dull, meaningless one to precious,significant ones.

Besides, students who live in an apartment can claim that a dormitry is very close to its university and that saves time for students, but it would be better that you live in an apartment which is close to your university. I think that this opposition is very logical and persuasive.

Students who live in a dormitry, however, refutes this opposite opinion because there are a lot of students in a dormitry. Altough, as to time to take to go a university, living in a dormitry and living in an apartment near to a university are same, students living in an apartment do not have many chances to have a contact with students. In other words, studensts living in a dormitry can help and be helped by other students when they have in trouble, but students who live apart from a university cannot.

In conclusion, for these reasons, living in a dormitry have more benefitial advantages than living in an apartment in the community.

Word Count: 334

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor of Comparative Religion