Please rate my essay

1. Some movies are serious, designed to make the audience think. Other movies are designed primarily to amuse and entertain. Which type of movie do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

There are huge movies on the earth now, and some people would prefer serious movies which the audience considers better than a just funny movie. In my perspective, I agree that these serious movies are better. There are three big reason why I like movies which let me think.

First of all, I would reccomend serious movies better than a just entertainment movies because after finishing the movie, I can enjoy with the movie by thinking various social problems or ethnic issues or something like that. It lets me consider many agenda of which I do not usually think. My friends and I, for example, went to see a Japanese movie, which is about an environment, and at the end of the movie I saw a scene that white bears were dying of getting warmer and losing iceberg in the Arctic. After I watched the movie, I considered many solutions which I could do to stop a global warming.

In addition, serious movies give me a lot of knowledge which I did not know. I mean, I may obtain much information from the movie. For instance, the United States is the biggest country to increase the amount of CO2 and we can prevent the earth from the global warming by small action like reducing the amount of use of electricity. The serious movies make me recognize these facts.

Moreover, I will utiliza experiences and knowledges which I gained from serious movies when I have a debate with students in my university. Actually, I am not usually interested in environamental issues, so I do not have many knowledges about it and chances to think of it. Then, if all of a sudden I have a chance to discuss these problems, I will not be able to contribute the discussion.

In conclusion, from these three reasons, I would prefer serious movies which make me consider a big issue.

Word Count: 316

TOEFL listening discussions: What will the student probably do with her next paper?

Hi Bellbell, I thought this was one of your better essays. I really liked the details you used, though maybe talking about more than one movie might be better. Still, your essay had some good arguments and was quite convincing. I really want to give you a 4, but I don’t think this essay is quite there, but very close. You still have quite a few minor errors in grammar and sentence construction. Some of your sentences sound somewhat awkward and unnatural. Yet, your ideas are still clear and understandable. So overall, I would rate this a 3.5 out of 5.