Please rate my essay. Thank you very much!

With the development of modern society, sports has played an important role in people’s life. However, when it comes to its benefits, different people have different opinions according to their various backgrounds. Some people may view sports as a relaxing activity. Meanwhile, others hope to learn specific skills from it. From my perspective, the fact that people learn a lot about life from playing sports is undeniable. And there are a couple of reasons to mention.

To begin with, doing sports tells us that the key to success is just persistence, which means one will never give up at any crucial moment during the training days, as well as in the competition. Generally speaking, athletes have to go through a long training period which is usually full of tears and hardships before they gain chances to show their abilities. Moreover, they hardly give up in the competitions even when they suffer injury, because once stop, say at any point in a marathon, they will never succeed. Life is like sports, we will never succeed until we hold on to the end.

In addition, sports teach us how to acknowledge successes along with downfalls. In fact, every athlete has to admit that he will never be the best. It is indisputable to be the winner or the loser; but success is always rare. When failure arrives, all he should do is to face it at ease and move on. If he wants to be the winner, he has to pay much more energy and time on what he fights for. The sport sprits help us to be calm, brave and eventually more competitive in the future life.

Furthermore, sports, especially teamwork gives us a sense of cooperation, which is a valuable character in modern society. A vivid example involves in my own experiences. I used to be a basketball player and all my teammates have a high level of basketball skills. However, we haven’t won a single match until we learn how to cooperate with each other. As for me, playing sports has highlighted the importance of cooperation.

In conclusion, nowadays playing sports is regarded as a philosophy of life rather than a simple hobby or activity. It teaches us how to pursue dream, how to face failure and how to cooperate with others, which are the essential elements of successful life.

TOEFL listening lectures: Why does the professor discuss an experiment with dummies?

[size=75]A brief introduction of myself: I’m a Chinese student, and I’m new here. I find this wonderful forum when preparing for my TOEFL. Thank you for providing such a nice place for me to improve my English![/size]

Playing sports teaches people more lessons about the life.

With the development of modern society, sports has played an important role in people’s LIVES. However, when it comes to its benefits, different people have different opinions according to their various backgrounds. Some people may view sports as a relaxing activity. Meanwhile, others hope to learn specific skills from it. From my perspective, the fact that people learn a lot about life from playing sports is undeniable(,) and there are a couple of reasons to /mention/ACCOUNT FOR THESE OPINIONS.

To begin with, doing sports /tells/TEACHES/ us that the key to success is just persistence, which means one will never give up at any crucial moment during the training days, as well as in the competition. Generally speaking, athletes have to go through a long training period(,) which is usually full of tears and hardships(,) before they gain chances to show their abilities. Moreover, they hardly give up in the competitions even when they suffer injury, because once THEY stop, say at any point in a marathon, they will never succeed. Life is like sports, we will never succeed until we hold on to the end.

In addition, sports teach us how to acknowledge successes along with downfalls. In fact, every athlete has to admit that he will never be the best. It is indisputable to be the winner or the loser; but success is always rare. When failure arrives, all he should do is to face it at ease and move on. If he wants to be the winner, he has to pay much more energy and time on what he fights for. The sportING spIrit helpS us to be calm, brave and eventually more competitive in the future life.

Furthermore, sports, especially teamwork(,) gives us a sense of BEING cooperatIVE, which is a valuable characterISTIC in modern society. A vivid example involves my own experience. I used to be a basketball player and all my team-mates HAD a high level of basketball skills. However, we haven’t DID NOT WIN a single match until we learnED how to cooperate with each other. As for me, playing sports has highlighted the importance of cooperation.

In conclusion, nowadays playing sports is regarded as a philosophy of life rather than a simple hobby or activity. It teaches us how to pursue OUR dreamS, how to face failure, and how to cooperate with others, which are the essential elements of A successful life.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Very good work Hallie. I liked it.

Kitos. 8.5/10

Thank you very much, Kitosdad!