Please rate my essay for IELTS

Newspapers and magazines will not be available in the near future because large amounts of information from the internet will replace them. Do you agree or disagree? Give some examples from your own experience.

With the advancements in the technology, there comes a variety of information transmitters ranging from newspapers and magazines to those available at cyber space. The trend to acquire information through internet is becoming popular in the current era. It is therefore believed that in upcoming years internet will occupy most of the news transmitting industry throughout the world.

To begin with, the information received via internet is faster as compared to its counterpart. For example, when earthquake hit some areas of Emirates last month, the news was spread like a fire around the globe within no time. However, those who rely on newspapers only might have read it the next day. Thus, people prefer to look for latest news over the internet which is of course decreasing the value of printed sources of news.

On the other hand, the offline media have it’s own place in the world and still today many people feel comfortable with them, many of whom are old or non-computer literate people. For instance, my parents are not literate to use computer and thus for them the only mode of having updated news is daily newspaper. For them it is the first thing they grab soon after getting up in the morning and reading last day’s news. Moreover, it is quite troublesome for them to read news over internet as it need one to sit in front of computer and look the monitor. Whereas, with newspapers they can read it more comfortably may be while sitting or lying at their beds. Hence, it can be infer that internet may not fully replace the printed media in future.

To recapitulate, it is strongly believed that internet is dominating the news industry and soon will replace the need for newspapers and magazines to a greater extent.

TOEFL listening lectures: When was Angkor Wat constructed?

Hi, your writing is not too bad, but I had trouble figuring out exactly what you think about the prompt. In an IELTS you don’t have to pick one side or the other like on a TOEFL essay, but you still should be clear in what you believe and you paragraphs should back that up. This one seemed too wishy-washy. You also had some mistakes in article use and some incorrect sentence structures. Overall, I would rate this about a band 5.5 .

Thanks a lot Luschen!
Thanks to check my essay and guide me. I will definitely try to improve it.
Good Wishes!