please help

Hello Sv123,

Like Kitos, I am so sorry that you seem to have landed in the middle of an argument which is not of your making.
I’m glad you have decided to stay and make a voice recording. Do you know how to set that up?

a joke?? finally )) getting better or am I seeing things? ))

one rules for one people and another for others, isn’t it, Beeesneees? I’m upset and unhappy enormously like Sv as you never answered my questions. Will do something horrible right now! and will leave a message explaining why I did what I did.

I’m intrigued. I can’t wait to find out what the horrible thing is. How about sitting in a bath of raw eggs? That would be horrible without being life-threatening or harmful. (Well, I think it’s horrible anyway!)

Curiosity killed the cat, so I will try to wait patiently.

(And in the meantime maybe you can put that big wooden spoon back in the drawer and stop stirring up trouble.)

hi Beeesneees,
Thanks for your reply.
I am trying to record my voice but unfortunately I am not able to get through with it.
Actually, I dont know how to post a voice recording in the forum, as I never did.

Sergey- Everyone has a different way to explain things. You have yours. I dont want to get into any arguments again.

Sv123

bullocks… I opened a can of beer ready to listen and nothing, I’m upset again ))

hi

I think now its quite audible.

Sv123

I’ve already burred the hatchet )))

sounds like you can speak, it’s broken up though and alot of extraneous noise

all right Kitosdad, have your heard that? I’m too impatient to listen to your advises on how to improve a thick Asian accent ))))

I think it’s high time we all borrowed the hatchet =)

Your speech is accented of course, but I can understand all, if its any consolation =)
Sorry I can’t advise anything in terms of improvement. I’m not up on accent training techniques. Besides, I have an accent of my own.
By the way, if you speak slowly, it’s easier for people to understand you. Don’t attempt to speak fast in the hopes of passing off for a native speaker, it’s an exercise in futility, you’ll end up sounding much worse. Your best bet is to speak slowly enunciating each word carefully.

Almost forgot, get a load of this :English Pronunciation and Accent Reduction Lessons with Free Podcast
It’s a good site where the author explains in great detail differences between various English vowel and consonant sounds.

Well Sv, after all that, I think you have a clear and distinctive voice. I shouldn’t bother trying to lose your accent.
Your accent is you … you are not ashamed of your accent are you? That’s what you have to consider.
Like the man said, speak slowly and clearly, there is certainly nothing wrong with your pronunciation.

Kitos.

she didn’t ask for any pep talk, did she?? )) she asked how to IMPROVE her pronunciation!!

And I said, she really doesn’t need to. Her pronunciation problem probably arises whenever she tries to speak quickly, that’s all. I think she speaks OK.

I concur. One’s accent is part of one’s identity.

Of course she doesn’t have what we might expect her to have, but still she speaks with Asian accent. And what she asked about was how to get rid of it or how to improve her pronunciation.
Also notice, that her speech was not that spontaneous and she could simply read it. If you happened to hear her when she isn’t ready, that would not be the same.

So, even though she recorded her and put it here, the question is still open. how? what she has to do to improve her Asian accent?

Does she care?? she wants to get rid of it!!!

Well, why don’t you come up with some suggestions?

please read my very first suggestion…

Kitosdad, you live in Germany?