please help

hi,

I have problem with my accent, Many time it happens that I have to repeat myself while talking to an English person. Sometimes, I face problem in understanding their accent. I dont know how to come over this. I am an asian and my accent is little bit different, but I dont know what to do to improve it.

Please Help!!!1

Try to record something here, then we may appreciate your problem.

Sorry, in what way you can appreciate that? What will you tell the guy? Bend your tongue not like that but like this? Draw him a picture? This is a matter of many years of constant practice, listening and speaking different accents… people who live in an adopted country spend years with no use in getting rid of an accent and some still can’t understand what is being said…

Sv123, stop moaning, the pronunciation is the last thing to master, master the language instead, read, listen and speak more and the pronunciation will come on its own one day.

Good morning Sergey. I simply want to listen to how the guy speaks. I am no language coach, but we all may be able to offer some suggestions to the guy.
Although I’m sure it was not intentional, you came over as sounding a little aggressive. Give the guy a break, it is his first question.
Maybe you’ve been living on the camp-site too long. :slight_smile: Manners maketh the man.

Kitos.

eh, you will listen to him and I gather you won’t be able to get anything from his talking ))) this doubles the fun ))) don’t take it to heart I’ve got a horrible sense of humor but I’m not aggressive.

OK Sergey, I won’t. How about you recording a little message for us?

hey guys… I asked for help, as I am new here …I didn’t ask to judge me and I dont want to know about your sense of humour. I need a teacher to guide me, how should I go about my problem. If you really want to help me, please help me and if you really dont want to help me, please dont comment anything.
Thanks to Kitos - atleast he is trying to help me rather than disappointing me.
I will post my recording.
Thanks.

as soon as you promise to set it up on your alarm ))

you’re a sensitive boy, aren’t you? )) you need a teacher, there’s plenty of them available, you get one via skype pay via paypal and hey presto your pronunciation flourishes

Hi Sv123,

I am an Asian too.
I think different country people have their own problems of speaking English.
So can you tell us which country are you from?

Moreover, if you want to get rid of your accent, it is better to find a good English teacher of your mother tongue, to teach you English. It is because they are more aware of your accent.
And check words in the dictionaries is also a good idea to learn oral English.

Hope I can help you

Aiken

Sergey - I am not sensitive … but yes, you are a kind of arrogant. This forum is to help people with your experience.
Am I right Kitos ?

Thanks Aiken for your comments.

I want to hear something from Kitos now.

Sv123

The whole purpose if this Forum is to offer whatever help is required by the member. We hopefully do this without arrogance or aggression. You are perfectly correct. I’m sorry if you feel you have been insulted or humiliated. I have no control over the actions of others, no matter whether their actions are intentional or not.

I do feel that you ought to apologise Sergey, after all, you did start this fracas.

Hi Sv123,

I would recommend you to read out loud as often as you can. It really helps. If you don’t know how to pronounce some words correctly use this link. booksshouldbefree.com/

Do it every day and never give up. You can do it!

Sergery wrote- ( Sorry, in what way you can appreciate that? What will you tell the guy? Bend your tongue not like that but like this? Draw him a picture? This is a matter of many years of constant practice, listening and speaking different accents… people who live in an adopted country spend years with no use in getting rid of an accent and some still can’t understand what is being said…)

Kitos - I didn’t ask for the reasons, I asked for solution. Also, I never start with arguments, I had started with simple questions. I want you to know that I worked with English people for six months and its been a long time I have given an interview. Now I have scheduled my interview next week. so I was just nervous about that, and that was the reason I posted in this forum for some help, but this has ended up with no results but just the disappointments. so I wish to delete my account from the forum.

Good luck to All

Sv123

Thanks Geo777 for your help. I appreciate that.

Sv123

Sv, please read again what I have written. I asked Sergey to apologise to you … what more do you expect me to do?
If we cannot hear your voice, then how can we possibly help you?

In contrast I do feel some learners need a good kick before they start working harder and stop crying tears as big as cabbages.
And I know the purposes of the site not only the one you mentioned.

look at this, you what? you need protection or consolation? as if anyone cares whether you delete or not. you might as well commit something… don’t tell you what exactly they’re gonna have to blame me for this )))

I told you what you have to do, didn’t I? have you bothered to read that? I have to repeat if you didn’t,

Sv123, stop moaning, the pronunciation is the last thing to master, master the language instead, read, listen and speak more and the pronunciation will come on its own one day.

or yes, I can’t fail to do what you have asked anyway

Dear SV, do forgive me, I wish I hadn’t told you all that horrible stuff that leaded to your untimely decision to leave this place. If only you could hear me now and I could go back in time and change everything I would never upset you with such bad manners of mine.

Hi,

I dont want any apology, I joined this forum, because I dont have any teacher. I learnt everything by myself and one more thing, I am not a boy I am a girl and a little short temper, thats the reason I reacted so quickly and harshly. I want to say sorry to Kitos.
I will post my recording now.

okay, we are all ears ))

You too Sergey, or are you all trousers? :slight_smile: