Please help me with my writing task 1

Hi. It’s me again. Yesterday, I wrote a writing task 1 and I asked you for correcting my errors; however, my writing is not good enough so today I decide to write another one and I hope it will be better.

The line graph below shows changes in the amount and type of fast food consumed by Australian teenagers from 1975 and 2000.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.
graph-139-food-consumed-by-australian-teenagers
My answer:
The given line graph illustrates variations in the number of three different kinds of fast food used by young people in Australia between 1975 to 2000.
As can be seen from the graph, it is clearly evident that the number of hamburgers witnessed the most noticeable change. Additionally, while the number of Pizza and Hamburgers that were used in Australia both increased, there was a sharp decrease in the figure of fish and chips eaten per year.
In 1975, the consumption of fish and chips registered the highest among the three, standing at 100 times per year. This number declined significantly to about 80 times five years later, before rising to reach around 95 times per year. In 1985, there was a steep drop, so for the rest of the period, the number of times eaten of fish and chips was only under 40 times.
In contrast, at the beginning of the period shown, the consumption of Pizza and hamburgers is quite low, at around 5 and 10 time respectively. However, there were stable increases in these types of fast food from 1975 to 1995. The figure of pizza and hamburgers reached a peak at 85 and 100 times in that order. From 1995 to 2000, there were no much changes in these numbers.

2 Likes

Hi Ngọc Nguyễn, I am glad you tried task 1 again. I think this report is an improvement over your previous effort. This one is a little tough because there are not really any suitable synonyms for “consumed” besides “eaten”. There are “devoured”, “gobbled”, and “ingested”, but the connotation of all those make them unsuitable. Also, your choice of “use” is incorrect. You do not “use” a hamburger, unless you are using it as a weapon by throwing it at your sister. In these cases, it is better to just repeat the correct words, and avoid repetition as much as you can by varying your sentence structures, rather than trying to force unsuitable words into your report. Here are some other suggestions:

3 Likes