Please help me with my accent!

Hi everybody, I am Tim from China. I have been practising English for years, but i still have an accent. How can i get rid of it? The attached is my voice message. Please listen to it and make a comment on it. Thank you!

where is my voice message? I did the voice recording and sent it. Now i cannt find it anywhere. whats wrong?

Hi Tim. Either you don’t have Java installed and activated or you don’t have a microphone. Also, what do you mean by ‘attached is my voice message’? Our voice recorder allows you post voice messages onto the forum directly. No need to ‘attach’ anything.

Have you read the instructions on how to use the OVR? (Online Voice Recorder)

Many thanks,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Police officer reminds radio listeners not to drink and drive during the holidays[YSaerTTEW443543]

Please listen to my recording and respond with a voice message too. Many thanks.

Hi Chiquitita,

Thank you for your advice. May i know where you are from? Your English is perfect. I hope my English can be as good as yours. I will keep working hard. Thank you.

Tim

Hi Betterman,

You don’t really have much of an accent. You sound like a Canadian Chinese …there is a mix of Chinese and N.American accents…I guess your teachers are from N.America?

The accent is definately not a problem, you are very fluent.

Hey betterman, your english is indeed awesome, the only sounds that might expose you are W and E, so practice them more…but as mentioned above u already are good enough…

P.S. Today I’ve learned that there are 60 hieroglyphs in Chinese alphabet and a typical chinese guy must know at least 15 000 combinations of them…I’m really impressed how you guys do that, we’re europeans or perhaps slavs ( not sure to which group russians belong) , sometimes can’t learn memorize a few simple verses lol )

Thank you, guys. I will try my best to improve my English. Take care!

Tim