Please help me to correct the sentences

1. My birthday is on 20th October 1990.

2. Sometimes, I really want to express my love to my future husband that I love him so much. However, I do not have enough confidence to tell him and affrim to veryone my love to him. How could I have confident enough to tell the truth to him before my weeding?

3. Are there any differences between “at the present and in the present”?

I do not know how to use them correctly, please help me.

E.g. Conditional sentences type 1 expresses an action that can take place at/ in the present or in the future.

1. “If I have a map, I will not get lost” or “If I had a map, I would not get lost”

Many thanks

I think I can help you a bit, but I need to say that I am not a teacher or have an expert knowledge in English, I am just a member in this forum. So my answer may be is not all correct.

1. I do not realize any thing wrong with it, But usually we say My birthday is 20th October 1990. (without ON)

2… I have confident enough to tell the truth to him before my weeding? (It should be I AM confidence)

1. at the present time and at this point (in time)
    Cliché now; at present. (Used often as a wordy replacement for now.)
    We don’t know the location of the stolen car at the present time.
    The patient is doing nicely at the present time.

In the present is less specific. It simply refers to the immediate moment, whenever it may be.

Here one example of how I would use in the present.
I always lives in the present.
That means, I do not worry about the past or the future.

1. Sometimes, I really want to express my love to my future husband, that I love him so much. However, I do not have enough confidence to tell him and affirm to everyone my love for him. How could I have confidence enough {or “How could I be confident enough”} to tell the truth to him before my wedding?

2. “If I have a map, I will not get lost” or “If I had a map, I would not have gotten lost”

1. I think both are correct , It just different meanings.
    “If I have a map, I will not get lost” . It does not happen yet, you just think how it should be and be certain about it.
    “If I had a map, I would not have gotten lost” (As Lurchen Help). You got lost already because you did not have a map. So you wish you had a map but the incident already happened in the past.

2. Lurchen already shed the light on it. Yes my answer is not correct ( I forgot the Could, it should be “How could I be …” )

Many thanks Tutors,

However, I don’t know how I have to use “would not have gotten lost” not “would not get lost” in this sentence.: “If I have a map, I would not have gotten lost”.

Hi Tuyet,

Did you see Waiyin Cheng’s example in message #4. He explained it quite well.

If I have a map, I will not get lost becomes If I had a map, I would not get lost.

yes, I meant as Alan changed, so Please help me to explain how it is.

If I have a map, I will not get lost becomes If I had a map, I would not get lost.

In the first sentence (If I have …) you are talking about something that is possible. In the second sentence (If i had ….) you are talking about something that might happen - it is not necessarily a reality but something you think about - it is in your mind.

Alan

If I had had a map, I would not have got (gotten) lost.