Please help me to check my essay, thanks!

Q: Some people prefer to live in places that have the same weather or climate all year long. Others like to live in areas where the weather changes several times a year. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

The weather is one of factors that deeply influence development of society and habitual lifestyles. It also can have a huge effect in our emotional and physical health. If I could choose a place to live based on the weather or the climate, I would definitely choose where have year-round sunny and warm place.

First, It would save more money. Living in the place which have distinctive weather requires people to prepare much more equipment or clothes. In my country, we have distinct four seasons. In other words, it is extremely hot in summer and superb freezing in winter. Therefore, people have to get ready with the different clothes, like shorts, vests , scarves or heavy jackets, to face with the alternation of seasons. Besides, people have to prepare machines, likes heaters or fans, to adjust the temperature. In the long run, people pay more extra cost and expense.

In addition, it would help me maintain daily routines and the life pace. Having a nice weather can spur people to do some outdoor activities, instead of staying at home and playing computer games. I am not a fan of coldness and rain. Every time, when I feel cold or find out it is a raining outside, it is impossible for me to leaving the house. Therefore, most of my daily routines will be disrupted. I will not buy a breakfast, hit the gym or clean up my garden. After accumulating all the trivia, I will get upset and annoyed.

Finally, it would keep me mentally and physical healthy. As we can see, most of people living in the polar area might suffer from much higher rate of depression and suicide because it devoid of the sunlight. Soaking with the sun makes our moods delighted and enhance our immune systems against the disease. Besides, my hands are sensitive to the change of the weather. When it turns to cold weather, my hands will become dry and chapped. Hence, in winter, I completely rely on the skin care and lotion to keep my hands and skin moisture and hydrated. Living in a stable warm area make me wholesome.

In summary, living in the same weather save more money for us without purchasing seasonal commodities. The same warm weather not only helps me catch up daily routines but also keep me in pink.

1 Like

Some people prefer to live in places where the weather or climate is the same throughout the year. Others like to live in places where the weather changes several times a year. Which do you prefer? Give specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

Weather is one of the factors that greatly influences the development of society and the way of life. It can also have a huge effect on our emotional and physical health. If I could choose a place to live based on weather or climate, I would definitely choose a place that is sunny and warm all year round.

First of all, it would save more money. Living in the place which have distinctive weather requires people to prepare much more equipment or clothes. In my country, we have distinct four seasons. In other words, it is extremely hot in summer and freezing cold in winter. Therefore, people have to be prepared with different clothes, such as shorts, vests, scarves or heavy jackets, to face the change of seasons. Besides, people have to prepare machines like heaters or fans to adjust the temperature. In the long run, people pay more extra costs and expenses.

In addition, it would help me to maintain the daily routine and pace of life. Nice weather can encourage people to do some outdoor activities instead of staying at home and playing computer games. I am not a fan of cold and rain. Every time I feel cold or find out that it is raining outside, it is impossible for me to leave the house. Therefore, most of my daily routines will be disrupted. I will not buy breakfast, go to the gym, or clean my yard. After accumulating all the trivial things, I will get upset and annoyed.

Finally, it would keep me mentally and physically healthy. As we can see, most of the people living in the polar area might suffer from much higher rate of depression and suicide because it is devoid of sunlight. Soaking with the sun makes our mood cheerful and strengthens our immune system against the disease. Also, my hands are sensitive to changes in the weather. When the weather turns cold, my hands become dry and cracked. Therefore, in winter, I completely rely on skin care and lotion to keep my hands and skin moist and hydrated. Living in a stable warm area keeps me healthy.

In summary, living in the same weather saves us more money without buying seasonal goods. The same warm weather not only helps me catch up with daily routines, but also keeps me in pink.

1. Structure: Your essay has a clear structure with an introduction, body paragraphs, and a conclusion, which is great! However, it would be helpful to have topic sentences at the beginning of each body paragraph to clearly outline the main point you will be discussing in that paragraph. This would make your essay more organized and easier to follow.

2. Examples: You provided some examples in your essay, such as the different types of clothing and equipment needed for changing weather, and the impact of sunlight on mental health. However, it would be beneficial to provide more specific and detailed examples to support your points. For instance, you could mention a personal experience or use statistics and research findings to further strengthen your arguments.

3. Language and grammar: Overall, your language and grammar are good. However, there are a few areas where you could make some improvements. For example, in the sentence “In other words, it is extremely hot in summer and superb freezing in winter,” the word “superb” seems out of place. You could use “extremely cold” instead. Also, in the sentence “After accumulating all the trivia, I will get upset and annoyed,” the word “trivia” seems misplaced. You could use “inconveniences” or “disruptions” instead.

4. Development of ideas: While you have made some good points in your essay, you could further develop your ideas to provide a more thorough and persuasive argument. For instance, you mentioned that living in a place with consistent weather would save you money, but you could elaborate on how much money could be saved and provide specific examples of seasonal expenses that would be eliminated.

5. Counterarguments: It’s important to acknowledge and address potential counterarguments in your essay to strengthen your position. For example, you could mention that some people enjoy the variety of weather and changing seasons, and then provide reasons why you personally prefer consistent weather.

Overall, you have presented a clear argument and provided some examples to support your points. With some further development of ideas, specific examples, and attention to language and grammar, your essay could be even stronger. Keep up the good work!

1 Like