Please help amend my essay. Many thanks!

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? In order to solve the problems of the present and future, it is necessary to understand the past.

While studying at school, students must take the required class history to learn from the past. When working for a new company, new colleagues are required to learn the companies history. Rececently, Some people think that it is unnecessary to understand the past because methods that were used in the past would no longer apply to current situation. From my point of view, I am in favor of having a clear understanding of the past.

The argument that people should understand the past rests chiefly on the fact that it can help people not only avoiding failure on the same mistake but also resolving problems efficiently. Firstly, by learning from the invaluable experience, people can discover the best solution for their issue. For instance, what I first did as a new employee is that I collated a substantial number of marketing data, plans, events from the past. By the time when my manager requested a marketing plan for the coming year, I easily camp up a proposal and it met with the expected effect. Moreover, if I would not have studied what had happened in the past, it would have taken me twice as much time as I spent on the marketing plan, or it would not have earned great success. Therefore, for the sake of resolving the present problems, people need to know what happened and how things went in the past.

There’s still a lot to be said for having a profound understanding of the past. For example, it can promote awareness of the overall viewpoint and enhance the development of management capacity. Besides, establishing a long-term development scheme requires knowing the history. By way of illustration, the government of China has been releasing its five-year plan since 1953, which is the most important strategy to address its economic, social, environmental challenges over the next five years. When the politicians made the scheme, they have to consider how the previous five-year works,take lessons from the previous failure, keep up with the excellent performance. Hence, for the purpose to solve future problems, knowing the past is indispensable.

In conclusion, learning from the past has various positive impacts not only on individuals but also on businesses and counties. It could help them increasing working efficiency so that they could achieve their goals with fewer difficulties and more probability.

2 Likes

Please find an amended version of your essay below:

While studying in school, students need to take the required history class to learn from the past. When working in a new company, new colleagues have to learn the company history. Some people think that it is unnecessary to understand the past because methods used in the past would no longer apply to the current situation. From my point of view, I am in favour of having a clear understanding of the past.

The argument that one should understand the past is mainly based on the fact that it can help people not only to avoid mistakes but also to solve problems efficiently. Firstly, by learning from the invaluable experiences, people can discover the best solution to their problem. For example, as a new employee, I first gathered a large amount of marketing data, plans and events from the past. Then, when my supervisor asked for a marketing plan for the coming year, I was able to effortlessly put together a proposal that had the expected effect. Besides, if I hadn’t studied what happened in the past, it would have taken me twice as long as the marketing plan, or it wouldn’t have been much of a success. So, to solve the current problems, you have to know what happened in the past and how things went.

There is still much to be said for having a deep understanding of the past. For example, it can raise awareness of the big picture and improve management capacity development. Moreover, creating a long-term development plan requires knowledge of history. To illustrate, the Chinese government has been issuing its five-year plan since 1953, which is the main strategy for addressing economic, social and environmental challenges over the next five years. When policy makers make the plan, they have to take into account how the previous five-year plan worked, learn lessons from the previous failure, keep up with the excellent performance. Therefore, knowing the past is essential for solving future problems.

In summary, learning from the past has several positive impacts, not only on individuals but also on companies and counties. It could help them increase work efficiency so that they can achieve their goals with less difficulty and more probability.

2 Likes

Thanks Torsten!! As you have helped amend my essays several time, may I know if it take you a long time to understand what I was trying to say?

1 Like

No, it’s very easy to understand your texts because they are writing in cohesive and structured way.

2 Likes

Thanks for the awesome essay. I don’t think you know a lot of information about personnel management. Could you share articles on this topic?

1 Like

Sorry, I am not sure what do you mean.

1 Like