Please evaluate my pronunciation

Hello :slight_smile:

I’ve been wondering how I sound to my listeners and I’m dying to know if my pronunciation is clear and if I can be understood easily. I hope you can find time to listen to my voice message and tell me which areas I still have to work on.

Not reading the fine print.

Thought you were being smart by transferring the balance on a high-rate credit card to a low-rate one? Did you read the fine print, though? Some credit-card companies now charge up to 5% for balance transfers. Also watch out for free checking accounts that aren’t so free. Some banks are starting to charge fees unless you meet certain criteria.

(taken from: finance.yahoo.com/banking-budget … -budgeting)

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Hi Nie,

I have just listened to your recording. You were clear, fluent and perfectly easy to understand. What more can I say? What is your first language? I’d be interested to know.

Best wishes,

Alan

hello Alan,

My first language is Cebuano. It’s one out of more than a hundred languages spoken in the Philippines. Thanks a lot for listening to my recording and for giving inspiring feedback. I appreciate it.

Nie :slight_smile:

I know my pronunciation is not very good , bt I’ like an evaluation .I’ll read a paragraph of Oscar Wide " the happy prince"
“Swallow, Swallow, little Swallow,” said the Prince, “will you not stay with me for one night, and be
my messenger? The boy is so thirsty, and the mother so sad.”
“I don’t think I like boys,” answered the Swallow. “Last summer, when I was staying on the river,
there were two rude boys, the miller’s sons, who were always throwing stones at me. They never
hit me, of course; we swallows fly far too well for that, and besides, I come of a family famous for its
agility; but still, it was a mark of disrespect.”

I think that you have a sweet voice. Your pronuciation in English is very good and clear to me, but I would like to suggest it will be excellent if you slow down a little bit.
Cheer.
Dong

I agree with Dong, you could speak slower. Would be better to listening.

Hugs.

Diego

Hi Dong and Diego
Thank for your advice .Iwill tryto speak more slowly
Bye
Suan

I think your pronounciation is good, coz it’s understandable. And you don’t have to speak slowly, it’s sounds rather unnatural. Have a good day.

Thankyou Yuriy
I feel more confortable speaking not to slow
Bye for now
Suan