Please evaluate my accent and pronunciation.

I’ve just recorded a short IELTS speech and would appreciate if any of you could give me some comments on how I sound. The link to the audio is below.

soundcloud.com/jirayu-tran/tran … ion-in-hcm

''In my opinion, one of the biggest problems of transportation is traffic jams in Ho Chi Minh city. It has become common to see passengers and drivers having to wait in long lines of buses and cars moving at a snail’s pace on the streets during the rush hours. There are several reasons for this problem. First, the number of vehicles is increasing much more rapidly than the building of roads. Second, there seem to be too many private cars and not enough public buses. Third, many people, including drivers, pedestrians and cyclists do not obey traffic rules properly, especially at busy intersections.

In view of the seriousness of this problem, effective measures must be taken before things get worse. On the one hand, the government should invest more money in the building of new roads and the repairing and maintenance of old ones, particularly those in busy areas of the cities. On the other hand, the number of private cars in urban areas should be limited while the number of public buses should be increased. At the same time, it is essential that stricter traffic rules and regulations be issued to strengthen traffic control.‘’

overall, your speaking sounded a little “robotic”, with all the words given the same stress and delivered at the same speed. Some of your speech actually sounded a little like a southern US accent, which is probably not a good thing. Like saying “ma” instead of “my”, “james” instead of “jams”. “Building of roads” was very hard to understand. “Second” sounded just like “seven” to me. “There seem to be too many” was hard to understand - your words are all blending together. “Third” sounded like “turd” - I know the “th” sound is hard. Sometimes you are leaving out the ending consonant sound, like saying “nah” instead of “not”. You said “sirusness” instead of “seriousness”, leaving out a syllable. “On the other hand” sounded like “onna otta hand”. Actually many of your “t” sounds sound like "d"s.

overall, your speaking sounded a little “robotic”, with all the words given the same stress and delivered at the same speed. Some of your speech actually sounded a little like a southern US accent, which is probably not a good thing. Like saying “ma” instead of “my”, “james” instead of “jams”. “Building of roads” was very hard to understand. “Second” sounded just like “seven” to me. “There seem to be too many” was hard to understand - your words are all blending together. “Third” sounded like “turd” - I know the “th” sound is hard. Sometimes you are leaving out the ending consonant sound, like saying “nah” instead of “not”. You said “sirusness” instead of “seriousness”, leaving out a syllable. “On the other hand” sounded like “onna otta hand”. Actually many of your “t” sounds sound like "d"s.

Thanks for your detailed analysis and advice, Luschen. It’s really really helpful. It seems I need to work more on my monotonous speaking :(.