Please correct my eassy. Thanks a lot!

Should government spend more money on improving roads and highways, or should government send more money on improving public transportation (buses, trains, subways)? Why? Use specific reasons and examples to develop your essay.

Some people prefer to spend more money on improving roads and highways, others believe spending more money on improving public transportation like buses, train or subways. When faced with the decision of roads and highways or public transportation, quite a few would claim that government should spend more money for roads and highways, but other, in contrast, deem public transportation as the premier choice and that is also my point. There are numerous reasons why we should spend more money for public transportation, and I would explore only a few of the most important ones here.

The main reason why I agree with the above statement is that public transportation can decrease pollution. Take my country - Vietnam as example, twenty years ago, when we had a few private transportation, the air is so clear. However, now, when I go to school, I have to use gauze mask and sometimes, in evening fog spreads everywhere. You can imagine around you is fog, you can breathless. It is too horrible. If we have more public transportation like buses, trains, subways, we will raise the standard of air. For that reason, instead of government open more roads and highways for private transportation, government should improve public transportation to decrease pollution.

Another reason is private transportation increasing traffic congestion. If time is money, traffic jam consumes too much money. Traffic jam not only cost people money and expense, but also create a bad mood for work. It greatly decreases the efficiency of the whole city. I cannot believe that any country can develop their economic with traffic jam.

Traveling is a necessary requirement of everyone. In my opinion, government should spend more money on improving public transportation which is the great way for poor people who cannot afford buy a car or a motorbike.

From the above you might got idea that I agree public transportation decrease air pollution, traffic congestion and providing the great transportation for poor people. Thus, it is sagacious to support the statement that government should spend more money on improving public transportation.

TOEFL listening discussions: How is the young woman financing her education?