Please check these

** I keep biting my lips as I am watching tv sitting on my comfortable sofa. I feel blood on the side of my lower lips. It taste like metal. I’m tired of this quarantine period. It’s too long. I want to go jogging. My body is begging for exercise, but I’m stuck in this awful house thanks to covid-19 virus.**

if there is any mistakes, can you fix it or show them to me ?

4 Likes

Hi alex52,

First of all welcome to the forum.
As far as I can see you made two mistakes, however, you’re telling your story in the so-called ‘historic present’. A lot ot authors use this kind of writing style, so I don’t see why you shouldn’t.
However: It tastes like metal, third person singular +s and ….stuck in this awful house because of Covid-19/ or because of the corona virus. Please, correct it.

Mind you: I prefer ‘if there are any mistakes…’ to ‘if there’s any mistakes’.
Apart from these mistakes, you would indeed make a great writer. My compliments.

I hope this helps.

3 Likes

hi Masme. Im looking forward to receiving your reply. Please check my post. Thanks a billion.
Title: 5 interesting things in Vietnam
Many countries the number of people travelling has increased over recent years, especially in Vietnam.There are reasons which can be identified to account for this trend and travellers undoubtedly benefit from the chance to travel more frequently and to visit even the most far-flung destinations. If first met foreigners and have the opportunity so as to introduce Vietnam , i am proud of my country and willing to give them some instructions to look up information more exactly and effectively.
Firstly, I want to mention is famous tourist attractions including Ha Long Bay,Phu Quoc Island, Sa Pa , Hoi An , Thien Mu Pagoda , Ba Be National Park , the Citadel Huế … They were not only given a deep insight into the history of Vietnam but also seen spectacular landscapes , wildlife & plants. Indeed, travelling in Vietnam is a golden opportunity to broaden their new horizon that they have not discovered before.
Secondly, people in Vietnam are easy-going and hospitable to each other. If you ask for help, they won’t be reluctant decision to meet a challenge of you. A good example of this is when you lose your directions and come to a remote region, they can help you by greetings, taking you to the nearest police or giving you some directions to the places where you want at any circumstances. These are also specific characters of Vietnam like honesty , modest and great affection.
For instance,this characteristic is shown when they receive a compliment for their achievements & efforts. What is more, the Vietnamese people in daily life are grossly hard-working and long suffering since they were born in poor conditions,they have to work hard when being very small.
Thirdly, i want to tell you about traditions and customs as well as indigenous practices of Vietnamese. No one can deny that ancestor worship and burning votive paper are one of the most popular things on particular days. When visiting Vietnam , many travellers wonder “why Vietnamese people burned colored paper ?” This paper are known as " votive papers" that can be fake money , houses, clothes, smart phones , cars…made of paper. A little wine is sprinked upon the ashes so that spirits can ascend to heaven and bring the gifts for the ancestor to use it. This ritual takes place on particular days such as new and full moon days, yearly ancestor’s dead anniversaries on the Lunar New Year. Besides, “Than Tai”( God of Weath) is a specific symbol which brings fortune into bussiness. That is the reason why you find a small altar in almost every shop, boutique, restaurant or hotel in Vietnam. In addition, at Tet holidays the Vietnamese believe that the very first visitor a family receives in the year determines their fortune for the entire year, a person of good temper, morality and success will be the lucky sign for the host family and be invited first into the house. According to Vietnamese tradition, if good things come to the family on the first day of the lunar New Year, the entire following year will also be full of blessings. On the other hand , on the first day of the Lunar calendarn everyone should not sweep the house as it is believed that if we clean up or sweep our house in this time , we will sweep away all the fortune and luckiness. It is forbidden to say bad things relating death or argue with others.
Fourthly , I consider that Vietnamese foodplays an integral role in contributing greatlyof the country’s cuisine culture such as Pho , Banh Mi, Banh Xeo( Crispy Pancake ), Mi Quang( Vietnamese Turmeric Noodles) , Goi Cuon( Vietnamese fresh spring rolls), Bun Thit Nuong ( Vermice Noodles with Grilled pork).
As you can see, Vietnamese cuisine is well-known for health and robustness. Thanks to its generous combination of fresh herbs and greens, noodles, seafoof, beef & pork… which give you an appealing and appetizing.
Here is a helpful guide on what to eat in Vietnam, most of which you can be enjoyed just about anytime of the day.
Futhermore, there are various speciality foods such as Me Xung, Trang Bang Soup Cake, Shrimp Salt, Com Chay Cha Bong, Bo Bia , Stir- fried Fertilized Duck egg with tamarind sauce…
Finally, I will give you some recommends about affordable accommodations that can attract too much travellers’ concern such as Ha Noi La Siesta Hotel Trendy, Hotel Nikko Sai Gon, Vinpearl Resort& Spa Nha Trang Bay. The prices are grossly reasonable and the services are good, which have a good grasp of travellers’ thinking.
In sum, travellers can have numbers of fascinating experiences of exotic cuisine and culture and they can get see magnificent places where they have not seen before. When tourists from other countries come to Vietnam, they would have an opportunity to use chopsticks, enjoy traditional meals and go sightseeing in the coutryside. And if tourists are interested in their trips, they will recommend the popular tourists destinations to their friend or perhaps they are enable to come back in the future.

3 Likes

Hi Trang_Minh,

Thank you for sharing so many interesting things about your country. :+1:

I suggest you start your story as follows: In many countries the number of tourists has increased in recent years, especially in Vietnam.

2 Likes

Hi Alex,
“Did you bite your lips while watching TV sitting on your sofa?”
I think you should use simple past tense. It’s just my suggestion.
I bit my lips while I was watching TV sitting on my sofa. (usually sofas are comfortable)
I felt blood on the lower side of my lips that tasted like a metal.
I am tired of being in quarantine for long.
Or I am quarantine fatigue.
I need to go jogging. I need exercise.
I am stuck at home as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. OR
I am stuck in the house due to the coronavirus outbreak.

2 Likes