Please check & rate my essay. Thank you in advance!

Compare and contrast the advantages of city living and country living. Defend your preference.

Both urban and rural living have their own advantages and disadvantages. It depends on persons and which kind living they prefer like environment benefits, finance stability, health and others.

Firstly, there are a lot of good points to live in the city because here is always more different facilities. You have opportunity widely spend your free time, for instance, going to museums, theatres, cinema, various of clubs. Usually it is easiest way to find a good work and earn money in the city. Very often people arrive from the villages to the cities for improve their life in finance matter.

Secondly, there are quite a number different shops so you can basically buy whatever you need in the city, however, rural district can have only a few of them and some kinds of shops could not exist.

Third, the cities have variety of universities and you can always choose what is most suitable for you. You are good at math or maybe you like biology there are plenty of universities which you could select according your preferences. At the same time a very remote village may not have it own school and the students have to go to school at the next village.
On the other hand, you can have better healthy life in countryside because there are less pollutions. You are able to have your own garden planted with fruit and vegetables as well as a farm with animals like horses, pigs, rabbits and birds - chicken, turkey so you have your own food all year round without any nitrates. Basically, people are more friendly from rural areas and always willing to help if you have any of problems. The other point that it is less crime in the village because people know each other very well.

In conclusion, both city living and country living have drawbacks and good points. If you want to have a modern life which brings you a lot of opportunity you should choose the city. Otherwise, living in countryside is more suitable for people who prefer measured, calm styles of life.

TOEFL listening discussions: What is the design of the sweatshirt?

Hi, I think your writing was pretty good, but your organization was confusing to me. I think it would have been better to have one body paragraph about the advantages of city living and the other body paragraph about the advantages of living in the country. Your topic sentences would reflect these two main points. Looking at your topic sentences below, your main topics seem to be:

1. Cities are good because they have a lot of entertainment options
  2. There are many shops in cities
  3. Cities have many universities
  4. Living in the country is healthier

This just does not seem well organized to me, so it was a bit confusing to follow some of your points. Your introduction is also a bit short. As I said, your writing is not too bad, but you do have a few errors here and there. Overall, I would rate this a 3.5 out of 5.

Thanks for checking my essay and advice.