Please check my essay, thanks!

Do you agree or disagree? It is better to work with your own computer and telephone at your home than work in your company’s office.

When it comes to the issue that whether working in the company’s office is still necessary nowadays, some people suggest that working with computer and telephone at home is much better than going to the office everyday, while others maintain the opposite view. As far as I am concerned, the former point carries more weight. I take this view on account of following reasons.

First of all, working from home can retrench expenditures of the company. When a company does not force the employees to stay in office, the utilities fees can be saved immediately. What’s more, if the employees can share the seats, that means, the rent will be maintained in a low price. People are used to work together because they need to communicate. Therefore, the company has to pay for it to get their employees together. However, nowadays with rapid development of science and technology, the remote communication can be achieved easily, which makes telecommuting possible. As a result, the cost which used for communicate should be saved.

Second point to take into account is that working from home can save your time and energy. My own experience may shed some light on this point. In order to arrive at the office on time, I choose subway as my transport, whereas, it takes at least one hour from my home to the office. And in rush hour, taking subway seems like a ‘physical labor’, which makes me exhausted. You cannot image how terrible it is while massive amount of people are all in a tiny carriage. Crowded and breathless, it just likes a battle in every morning to me. Under this circumstance, the advantage of working from home is apparently. You can have an energetic beginning in everyday instead of the bad mood.

Last but not the least, many people are now facing the problem of work-life balance. If some companies can allow their employees work at home, it will solve the problem in some extent. People can utilize the time and energy to look after their children, prepare meals or do the chores. Hence, less family quarrel there will be, and more harmonious society we will have.

Admittedly, it may be true that companies, which choose to allow their employees work at home, have a risk of losing control in management, and they need conscientious and initiative people to guarantee the quality of their products or services. But with the factors I outlined, I still believe that the advantages of working from home far out weight its disadvantages.

From what has been discussed above, we may safely draw a conclusion that although working from home might has to overcome some challenges in future, however, we cannot ignore its’ numerous merit, which will benefit companies, employees and society.

TOEFL listening discussions: What is the main weakness of the student’s essay?

Hi, I thought your essay was very good. You had a clear structure with good arguments and examples to support your thesis. Your writing sounded pretty clear for the most part, although you did have a few odd sounding phrases here and there. Your thesis also seemed a bit weak to me and you had a few incorrect word choices and some minor grammatical errors. Overall, I would rate this a 4 out of 5.