please check my essay.thank you

Choosing a place for living is a one of the important decisions that people make in their lives. There are two options: a small city on the one hand and a megapolis on the other hand. Personally, I prefer to live in a big city than in a small one for the better employment rates , an education system , and recreation opportunities.

First, there is no doubt that many big companies and even small businesses are located in the urban areas. Therefore, people strive to settle near to a working place and they come to live in a big city due to higher chances to find a good job. Moreover, in case a person is interested in making career, the megapolis is the more appropriate place for it. For instance, music teacher would be in demand in a big city rather than in a small one. Furthermore, everyone could find more easily a work even without special education in the urban area. As a result, preference to live closer to a working place attracts people and me to choose a big city for living and not countryside.

Second, I prefer to raise children in the urban area because it provides a good quality education for better financial assistance than in small cities. In addition, children able to enjoy attending different after school programs that are available in the places with high population density due to great demand for these facilities. For example, even to find a childcare or a nanny is easier and cheaper in a big city .So, megapolices have many things to offer for families with children.

Finally, as far as I am concerned, opportunity to rest with family attracts me to choose a big city rather than a small one because of the high developed entertainment infrastructure. For instance, cultural life such as music concerts, artist performance concentrate in urban areas.

To sum up, taking into consideration all the above mentioned reasons and examples I definitely believe that a big city provide higher quality of life to residences due to range of opportunities in employment ,children’s upbringing ,and family’s recreation.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between an upperclassman and a freshman coed

Hi Krexma, your essay is outstanding :slight_smile: Perfect organization and few errors. Had a nice time reading it :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
N.B. I’m not a native English Speaker nor an English teacher, though, I tried my best commenting on your essay :wink: Looking forward to hearing from you on my notes.

Let me guess, the topic was: Some people prefer to live in a small town. Others prefer to live in a big city. Which place would you prefer to live in? Use specific reasons and
details to support your answer.

Thank you for your help.
Yes,it was the topic.
I see i do not have strong support ideas ,so essay really outstanding.
financial assistance -i mean money that authorities spend on education is higher in a big city.

You’re welcome Krexma :slight_smile:

No, your evidence are strong enough :slight_smile: Don’t worry, if they weren’t I would have told you :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Ok, got your point about “financial assistance” now :smiley: perhaps you should say: “because it provides a good quality education with additional financial assistance than that offered in small cities.” What do you think?

I think it sounds better.
thank you

I really like Mochad’s comments. I agree with almost all of his suggestions, but I have a few “nit-picky” comments. I would say “…have more teaching opportunities in a big city rather than in a small one.” - the “that” is not necessary. I would say “it provides a good quality education with more available financial assistance than in small cities.” Finally, I think “cultural life” is fine. It means concerts, museums, art galleries, and so on. Social life and recreational activities are good too, but have different meanings.

Thank you,Luschen.
I really appreciate your help.