Please check my essay and rate it. Thank you beforehand!

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents are the best teachers. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Some people thinks that parents are the best teachers in our live. Of course parents have great role and of course they teach us many things. In my opinion parents are not the best teachers.

To start with, parents want to preserve their children but sometimes they do not that they hurt them. When child wants to go to the party they do not allow, because they think that it would be dangerous for child. Of course I understand them, they want to protect us but in school years parties are the best. For instance, during my school years without my mom’s permission I went with my classmates to the downtown and when they aware what I did, they were very nervous. Then they wanted from me not to do this again.

Second, sometimes parents force us to choose the way what they want and what they thinks it is right. It is the problem that if child’s parents are mechanic they compel their child to choose that profession what they have chosen, but they do not aware that may be child wants to be an artist. For example, in my last year at school I wanted to be piano player. However I am mathematician now. Because I selected the way what they wanted.

Finally, parents show us things which we must not do but if child sees that his parent is doing this prohibited things how he can fulfill. For instance using alcohol, smoking. In my personally experience I have seen that dad beats his son not smoking and child says that if it is unhealthy for us why do you smoke.

To sum up, parents are essential in our life and when we have problem we ask from them to help us and parents do their best to help their kids.

TOEFL listening lectures: When was Angkor Wat constructed?

Hi, pretty good writing. I liked your structure, but your conclusion was very weak. Your writing is pretty easy to understand, but you had a couple of confusing sentences. Your vocabulary is pretty basic and you have several grammar mistakes. I would rate this essay a 3 out of 5