Phrasal verbs 'turn'; Capital letters; Nationalities

Hello, teachers and learners and otherwise fans of English! I’m back from a relatively long period of lurking, let’s see for how long :wink:

This may sound a bit ‘do-my-homework-for-me’-ish but nevertheless your help would be appreciated. There are three exercises in my school workbook that I skipped when I was supposed to do them. Now that I’ve noticed them, I see that I have some problems. Please tell me if my solutions are right and correct any mistakes:

[size=150]1[/size]
Here are seven phrasal verbs with turn: turn up/turn down/turn into/turn over/turn off/turn at/turn out. Use the correct one in the correct form to complete these sentences:

1 He turned up at the first lecture next morning looking exhausted.
2 Turning over the facts of the case once more, the detective suddenly had an idea.
3 The princess kissed the frog and turned into a frog herself!
4 Do you ever have one of those days when nothing ever turns out right?
5 The car turned off the main road and headed down a dirt track.
6 Maria was very disappointed when her request for a scholarship was turned down by the college.
7 People turn out in huge numbers to watch the fireworks.
8 Could you turn down the heating a little please - it’s very stuffy in here.

I tried consulting [url]http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/turn[/url] but am still not sure about sentences 4 and 7.

[size=150]2[/size]
Look carefully at the following sentences. If the capital letters are all correct, write correct - if not, write incorrect and write out the wrong words correctly.

1 Most English people speak at least one Foreign Language and the most common one is french.
incorrect: foreign language; French
2 My school is called Dame Alice Masters school after its founder who was an eighteenth-century philanthropist.
correct (not sure about the name of the school)
3 My favourite subjects are Science and History. I think I’d like Geography better if we didn’t have Ms Atkins as our teacher.
correct
4 I’ve lived in north London for years and I love being so near Hampstead Heath.
incorrect: North; heath (not sure)
5 I enjoyed Professor Gibbon’s lecture and I’m not surprised that his new book Words In The Universe is such a best-seller.
correct
6 Every Sunday I try to have lunch with my Father and we usually eat in the garden in Summer.
incorrect: father; summer

[size=150]3[/size]
Fill in (it’s a table) the nationality (he’s …), national(she’s a …), language and capital city of each country:

– I have some questions about this one, what are ‘nationality’ and ‘national’ supposed to mean (what’s the difference? why “he’s nationality” but “she’s a national”?). Could you please give some example sentences of the type “I am British” that illustrate their usage. Please also check my spelling of the cities.

Country - Nationality, National, Language, Capital city
Britain - British, Briton, British English, London
Poland - Polish, Pole, Polish, Warsaw
United States - American, American, American English, Washington
Hungary - Hungarian, Hungarian, Hungarian, Budapest
Holland - Dutch, Hollander, Dutch, Amsterdam
Romania - Romanian, Romanian, Romanian, Bukarest
Scotland - Scottish, Scot, Scottish English (?), Edinbourgh
Brazil - Brazilian, Brazilian, Portuguese, Brasilia
France - Frenchman/woman (?), French (?), French, Paris
Czech Republic - Czech, Czech, Czech, Prague
Ireland - Irish, Irish, Irish, Dublin
Spain - Spanish (?), Spaniard (?), Spanish, Madrid

There are more exercises actually but maybe some other time :slight_smile: (gosh, if I mistype “exercise” one more time…)

A big “thank you” in advance,
Stanislav

I-- All OK.

II–

#2: the second School is part of the name.

#4: North London (I presume it is the name of the quarter; a Brit will have to confirm this, though); Hampstead Heath.

#5 Words in the Universe.

III-- Nationality: He’s Swedish. National: He’s a Swede.

Below, I’ve changed some; other members may have other ideas:

Britain - British, Briton, English, London
United States - American, American, English, Washington, DC
Romania - Romanian, Romanian, Romanian, Bucharest
Scotland - Scottish, Scot, English, Edinburgh
France - French, Frenchman/woman, French, Paris
Czech Republic - Czech, Czech, Czech, Prague
Ireland - Irish, Irish, English and Irish Gaelic (small numbers), Dublin
Spain - Spanish, Spaniard, Spanish, Madrid

Thank you! You are of much help to me.

Stanislav