Choose the phrasal verb that best completes each sentence below. Sometimes you will need to add an object. Be careful with the tense.
get along come over give up turn on
go over fill out pick out wash up
point out use up help out call up
put off find out look up take off
run out talk over hand in look out
- You can’t wear your shoes in the house. Please ________ __________ ________ before you come in.
- While he was talking on his cell phone, the battery __________ __________.
- To prepare for the quiz you should __________ __________ Units 3 and 4.
- The teacher was sick yesterday so the quiz was __________ __________ until next week.
- The teacher asked us to _________ our homework __________on Wednesday.
- The teacher had to _______ ________ the best picture in the student photography contest.
- The parents asked their children to __________ __________before dinner.
- My two brothers are best friends. They __________ __________very well.
- My friend wrote the TOEFL 6 times and he didn’t get the score he needed. Finally, he __________ __________.
- My friend __________ __________ last night to help me with my homework.
- My father shouted, “ __________ __________”, because I was just about to walk into a tree.
- When you apply for a new credit card, you need to __________ __________ an application form.
- If you don’t know the meaning of a word you should __________ it __________in the dictionary.
- I am looking at the map, but I can’t seem to find the new shopping center. Could you please _________ __________ __________ to me?
- I am going to move to a new apartment on the weekend. Could you _________ me ________?
- Every morning I __________ __________ the radio and listen to the news.
- Do you have John’s phone number? I need to __________ him _________.
- Who __________ __________ all the paper towels? I just bought a new package last week.
- A. Can you come with us to Victoria this weekend?
B. I don’t know yet. I have to __________ __________ __________ with my husband.
- A. When do the tickets for the concert go on sale?
B. I am not sure, but when I __________ __________ I will let you know.