Photos or photoes?

Dear friends,

which is correct in spelling; “photos” or “photoes” ?
Please give me a rule to follows with words ending in “o” in your answer.

Thank you.

1 Like

Photo’s.

All plurals end in “s” , " es" or “ies”. You have to learn them unfortunately.

Photo’s by the way, is a shortened version of Photographs. That’s why the ’ is included.

Kitos.

1 Like

Hello Si2007,

First the bad news:
There isn’t an absolute rule for making the plural form of a noun that ends with the letter “o”.

Now for the good news:
There aren’t too many commonly used nouns that end with the letter “o”. Here is a list of some of the most common ones, along with their accepted plural forms. In some cases, more than one plural spelling is possible:

cargo → cargoes OR cargos
condo → condos
duo → duos
kilo → kilos
mulatto → mulattoes OR mulattos
palomino → palominos
potato → potatoes
tomato → tomatoes
zoo → zoos

Both British and American dictionaries will tell you that the plural form of the word photo is photos.

You can find the plural forms of words like this in any good dictionary.
Here is a good website for you: onelook.com/

1 Like

Many thanks my dear friends.
Also special thanks to Esl_Expert … that was so helpful.

1 Like

Hey all, I heard yesterday that the swine flu fever is gaining
energy and that it is not predictable. And till at the BBC website says that this is all not
sufficiency preparation, and plainly did not be aware of what treatment and how secure.
The Government of Britain expressed that preparations harvested at 50% of the population.
I am so scared, anyone can tell me what anti-viral drugs should be applied?
I have heard about Tamiflu, but my doctor said that Tamiflu is not effective. My pal told about Relenza, I alarm
on the Internet that the pharmaceutical is more effective. But I’m not solid how serviceable these drugs.
And the effort mystery, someone tried to come by generic drugs online pharmacies? It is most
prepossessing value, so for example next to the put up the dispensary tamiflu expense take 150 £,
and online apothecary payment of 70£ recompense the word-for-word stack. Is it safe?
I would be thankful with a view any information.
[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8096965.stm]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8096965.stm[/url]

1 Like