People should take a job right away rather than wait for more satisfying one

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
If people have the opportunity to get a secure job, they should take it right away rather than wait for a job that would be more satisfying.
Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

The world is changing dramatically, and the economy is totally based on the employment rate of the nation. People work to fulfill their dreams and to thrive in today’s world. It is important to have a job to earn money in order to satisfy the need of your family. Some people prefer to wait until they find more satisfying job. However, I strongly believe that people should take a job right away until they get the more satisfying one. I feel this way because it would help people to earn money, to evolve new skills, and to find out a path to get their preferred jobs.

To begin with, money is an important part of our lives. We cannot enjoy the pleasure of life without it, and jobs are the media to earn money. I feel that when people secure a job even though they wanted to do other jobs, they would get benefits from the current job. It is better to do something rather than do nothing. This way, they could earn money and use it for their needs. For example, my brother wanted to work in the marketing department, however, when he got an offer from a production company, he took the job right away. This job was paying him a good package. He got opportunity to visit many countries as a part of his work, and developed good communication skills in many foreign languages, which would help him in his futures. If he had waited to get a job in marketing, he still would not have developed this skills and stayed home without any money.

In addition, when you start working for one field, you actually get an insight to many fields. For example, when my brother was working in a production department, he got an opportunity to meet many employees and senior workers in marketing department. This way, whenever he got time, he went to this department to meet the people who worked there. This helped him to get an exposure to the work environment in marketing. Eventually, he got an offer from the same comany to work in marketing due to his determination and passion about this field. However, he later realized that the job in marketing is really stressful and declined the offer. Thus, when you already secure a job, you get chance to know more about your preferable jobs and can make a right decision for your future.

To sum it up, even though some people prefer to wait until they get more satisfying jobs in their lives, I strongly believe to get a secure job immediately without wasting my time waiting to get the more satisfying one. I feel this way because it helps me to earn money, develop new skills, and find a new path to get the preferable job later in the future.

TOEFL listening lectures: What is one way that Internet Addiction Disorder affects sleep?

1 Like

Hi Jatkin, I thought this was one of your best essays yet. Really no major errors, just a few places where you could make some improvements. Overall, I would rate this a 4.5 out of 5.

1 Like

I can understand what you are saying about, but I do not quite agree with you. I believe that people have a right to search for a job that they really like. I did the same. I’ve found a work in the zoo with the help of Urgent! Jobs in Oakville, ON - February 2023 (with Salaries!) - Jooble I’m happy now

As far as I remember Jooble is a Ukrainian startup company that has been promoting their services by heavily promoting their site on forums like ours. I mean, why else would you bump a 6 year old post?