People attend college or university for many different reasons

People attend college or university for many different reasons.
Why do you think people attend college or university? Use specific
reasons and examples to support your answer.

Some people consider universities the heart of knowledge and expertise, while other group of people is on the firm opinion that spending time at universities is simply a waste of time. Practically, I can agree with both sides. Education in a non-adequate place might not support us attaining our goals to increase our knowledge, however, in my opinion, education at places where research is advanced and professors are experienced not only in theory but also in practice will provide us plenty of knowledge, which can be leveraged in our later period of life.
In my essay, I will talk about ideal universities, universities that provide real experience and knowledge, and will underline the importance of these institutes.

Universities can bring us to another level in our carrier. Good universities not only provide excellent education but also guide students to find their desired career path. At universities students need to pass many different kinds of exams, which prepare students for real life exams.
Further, the environment where we spend our every day life can be very encouraging to extend our knowledge. At universities, students can learn not only from professors, but also from other students. In my view, working with other students can greatly help us extending our knowledge. It is like in sport, if an athlete trains with a slightly better athlete it can give great motivation to him to keep up with the stronger athlete. Education is also a competition, but here we use our brain cells instead of using out body strength.

University is also the nest of people with the same interest. For instance, in finance course, the students are interested in economist and investment. Students, having the same passion to finance, can greatly encourage each other to perform better, bringing out the maximum performance from each student.

Further, a particular course focuses on a certain area, such as mathematics, engineering, finance or literature. The focus on a special subject can enhance students’ knowledge in a particular field. Learning outcome in a specialized area will bring out the bests of the students. Focusing every day on the same field will create masters of art.

Universities are not only places for study. In these institutes, besides study, students can establish life long friendships, which can be either personal friendship or business friendship. Being with similar minded people will help us in our daily life; students learn social life as well. Often, class mates together start up a company after graduating from the university. This can create jobs for the society and for them.

In conclusion, universities play an important role in improving and developing people’s expertise. However, students must be very careful in selecting the right university, which enables them to extend their horizon not only in academic field but also in personal life.

TOEFL listening discussions: An assistant lecturer talking to a new student

People attend college or university for many different reasons.
Why do you think people attend college or university? Use specific
reasons and examples to support your answer.

Some people consider universities the heart of knowledge and expertise, while ANother group of people is on ARE OF the firm opinion that spending time at universities is simply a waste of time. Practically, I can agree with both sides. Education in a non-adequate place might not support us attaining our goals to increase our knowledge(.) However, in my opinion, education at places where research is advanced and professors are experienced not only in theory but also in practice will provide us WITH /plenty/LOTS / of knowledge, which can be leveraged in our later period of life.
In my essay, I will talk about ideal universities, universities that provide real experience and knowledge, and will underline the importance of these institutes.

Universities can bring us to another level in our carrierS. Good universities not only provide excellent education but also guide students to find their desired career path. At universities students need to pass many different kinds of exams, which prepare students for real life exams.
Further, the environment /where/IN WHICH/ we spend our (everyday) LIVES can be very encouraging to extend our knowledge. At universities, students can learn not only from professors, but also from other students. In my view, working with other students can greatly help us /IN extending/TO EXTEND/ our knowledge. It is like in sport, if an athlete trains with a slightly better athlete it can give great motivation to him to keep up with the stronger athlete. Education is also a competition, but here we use our brain cells instead of using out body strength.

University is also A nest of people with the same interest. For instance, in A finance course, the students are interested in economiCS and investment. Students, having the same passion to finance, can greatly encourage each other to perform better, bringing out the maximum performance from each student.

Further, a particular course focuses on a certain area, such as mathematics, engineering, finance or literature. The focus on a special subject can enhance students’ knowledge in a particular field. THE learning outcome in a specialized area will bring out the BEST IN the students. Focusing every day on the same field will create masters of art.

Universities are not only places for study. In these institutes, besides studyING, students can establish life long friendships, which can be either personal friendship or business friendship. Being with similar minded people will help us in our daily LIVES(.) Students learn social life as well. Often, after graduating(,) class mates together start up a company. after graduating from the university. This can create jobs for the society and for them.

In conclusion, universities play an important role in improving and developing people’s expertise. However, students must be very careful in selecting the right university, which enables them to extend their horizon not only in academic field but also in THEIR personal LIVES.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Another good essay Kaldosi. 8.5/10

Thanks for your review.

Hello… I would appreciate if anyone comment and rate my essay.

A job should mean a job for life. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

I disagree with the given statement “a job should mean a job for life”. In the current competitive world with well developed technologies, a person cannot achieve their ambition or goal if he stagnates at one particular job for the whole life. In my view, a job should allow one to update their knowledge from every single experience he gain, which is not possible working for a same firm and for the same job throughout entire life.

To begin with, the life style of the current people has changed a lot when compared to olden days. In our past generation, people worked for the same job till their retirement. But one cannot follow the same strategy in this fast changing world. To illustrate, a friend of mine by name Mr. Joe joined an organization and worked for few years by giving his best. With the gained experience, he shifted to another firm the following year and also he always engaged himself on learning new things from every new place. As a result, he could able to reach his goal in his career within a short time and he is very successful right now. Therefore, it is good for a person to have a diverse professional experience because every company has its own systems and procedures and in every place one can learn new things which helps to broaden their professional knowledge.

However, many people choose to stay in the same job even when they are stagnating
and doing the same thing over years and years in the context of a secure job for life. Personally, I can’t able to bear doing same thing for over years just for the sake of job security. Most of the government employees, for instance people in railway reservation counters, working nearly like a machine. Moreover, they are reaching the depressed condition at their early age due to the daily grind. Therefore, people nowadays have to think more professionally about their career.

In short, a job should mean a job for life will not suit for the current generation. So it is worth to think about how to face the challenging situation effectively in different work environment and can help professionals to reach success in their life.