People always want something more or something different?

Hi, everyone, this is my new essay and i wish i will be corrected and rate! Thank you!

Topic: Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People are never satisfied with what they have; they always want something more or something different. Use specific reasons and example to support your answer.

Essay:

Philosophers of all times have suggested that greed is one of human nature. From the day that humanity sheltered themself in dangerous caves to the modern era where they live in comfortable skyscraper, each of them is never satisfied what they have. I assert that people always want something more or something different because of their greed and egos.

First of all, greed is one negative yet primitive aspects of human nature. Trending to have more and more, they have developed a modern society which is full of advanced technologies and meterials. For example, to create more and more good for their needs, people have improved their technology at a high rate. The invention of machines during the Industrial revolution in 18th century have led to the formation of a society with huge consumption. People’s desires to have more food, stable shelters or convinient vehicles have been truly the main force for that revolution. As another illustration, it is easy to observe that modern people has been favour of reading news; information is demanded in a high rate and accuracy. This encourages the development of numerous means of media like radio, magazine and especially, the Internet.

Secondly, people’s egos are what have enhanced their wishes to have something more or something different. Living in a modern and developing society, almost everyone wants to excel in their enviroment by earning more and more money, as well as owning more and more luxurious goods. A man driving a car worth 20 thousands dollars is twice as good as a man driving one worth 10 thousands dollars; that is a popular thoughts today. Likewise, the desire of being unique and different drives people to a life with more spending and more earning as well. A lot of people want to be focused on, to be praised of their differences and that is why they try to spend more money on clothes, shoes or jewelries. Taking a part in a race to declare their differences that has no end with other ones, or to say it in another way, other egos, those people have no chance of getting themselves out.

To sum up, I totally agree with the idea that people always want something more or something different. Their greed and egos, if not controlled, can cause serious proplems not only for themselves but for the whole human society.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university science lecture on Island Biogeography

Hi Helias, I thought your essay was pretty good. You have answered the prompt correctly, but your essay, especially the first body paragraph seems a little bit scattered or unfocused. Your writing is clear for the most part, but you have some vague sentences that I think could have been more clear or specific. Overall, I would rate this a 4 out of 5.