participle used as adjective

1a. They found their money stolen.
1b. They found their money to be stolen.
Do these sentences mean, “They found that their money has been stolen.”?

2a. I prefer my eggs fried.
2b. I prefer my eggs to be fried.
Do these sentences mean, “I prefer my eggs that should be fried.”?

3a. I saw him crossing the road.
3b. I saw him cross the road.
3c. I saw him crossed the road.
Do these sentences mean, “I saw him that he (was crossing)/(crossed) the road.”?
Please correct and comment.
Thanks.

1a) is a very unlikely construction but would mean, “They found that their money had been stolen.”
1b) is incorrect. The construction should not be used.
2a/b) mean, “I prefer that my eggs should be fried, rather than cooked using any other available method.”
3a/b) mean, “I saw him performing the action of crossing the road.”
3c) is incorrect. The construction should not be used.

3a. I saw him that he was crossing the road. (You saw him at some point in time while crossing the road, not in full)
3b. I saw him that he had crossed the road. (You saw his whole act of crossing the road, from one side to the other)

Neither of those are possible.
Your use of ‘that’ is incorrect.

I agree, but I didn’t want to disturb the point raised by the poster. Yes, the sentences should be as originally posted.

Your definitions of ‘the point raised’ are also not necessarily correct.

I saw him crossing the road.
I saw him cross the road.

can both indicate that you saw the complete act, from one side to the other, in full.

I’m afraid I can’t agree with you. Then what is the purpose of using the two types?

One is more ‘active’ in emphasis.

english-test.net/forum/ftopic80092.html

All that proves is that I am consistent. If you read the thread you have linked, you will see I disagreed with the idea that only one was seen in completion then too.

No, the fact is that there is distinction which native speakers always discern. Your disagreement may overturn the belief and practice in vogue. This makes me consistently disinclined to straightaway accept your views.

LOL!!!

You just DELIBERATELY IGNORE what

There is little wonder if you do not recognize him as a native speaker of the English language. That reflects your persona!

… this from someone who does not appear to recognize me as a native speaker of the English language.

Still, we know what a sycophant you are when it comes to Alan.

What’s this ‘we know’? Seeking support? Dream-followers!
Now know that it is manly humility to be sycophantic to people of intellect, integrity and intelligibility. I hope you will also try to inculcate these traits.

LOL. It seems that things won’t change around here until you do.