Parents today are more involved in their children’s education than were parents in the past.

In today’s progressive and competitive world where we live, scientific and education matters are the most important building blocks to the success of any society and its individuals. it is no secret to anyone that parents play a fundamental role in making well-educated and knowledgeable people. In this line of thought, there has been a controversial debate among people over this issue that whether parents today are more concerned with their children’s education or were parents in the past. Personally speaking, I think that parents nowadays are more obsessed with their children’s education than were parents in the past. My viewpoint is based on a few reasons, two compelling ones of which are elaborated upon hereunder.

The first vital point to bear in mind is that today almost most jobs have become more specialized and scientific thanks to the genesis of the technology, meaning that nearly all companies and business institutes are willing to hire individuals who are well-educated, knowledgeable and have academic degrees. In this vein, parents today have become aware of this widespread scientific and specialized environment, as a result, they have become more worried about their children’s learning and education because they like their children will be made a successful person and will be hired in a decent job in the future. However, in the past, as the level of population was still low and the world was not industrialized, lots of people followed the vocations of their parents and ancestors and worked at the early stages of their ages to help their family’s subsistence. It can be derived that there was no necessity for parents to be involved in their children’s education in the past due to the simplicity of the past life and the lack of high-tech industries.

Secondly, it is crystal clear that with the development of education, most parents are well-educated so that they also expect their children to acquire a higher level of education. To put it in the other word, nowadays parents read more books than did parents in the past; furthermore, they have a much wider horizon than had parents in the past, so that they are willing to spend most of their time on the education of their children. Indeed, parents today have been informed well about the welfare level and social status that well-educated and knowledgeable people have in communities so that they are ready to do anything to boost the education of their children. Therefore, paving such a circumstance for their children, parents today provide their children with many opportunities to make them more educated and knowledgeable compared to the level they are at, which is why they nowadays pay more attention to their children’s education than ever before.

To put it in a nutshell, having considered all the aforementioned reasons, I do believe that parents today are more obsessed with their children’s education than ever before. Not only today’s industrial and high-tech environment make parents aware of the condition of jobs that their children will be supposed to engage in, but also parents have a willingness and desire that their children gain a higher level of knowledge and education than they did in the past.

3 Likes

Hi and welcome to our forum. Have you written the text you have posted yourself or did you use a software program to generate it?

1 Like

Hi, Thanks, I have written the text myself.

1 Like

I think it’s so important to get a great education from the very beginning of childhood. Nowadays, working with the head is much more important than manual work. :brain: :arrow_right: :muscle:

2 Likes

I agree with you, Jennifer. However, the question is how we define ‘a great education’. What do you think should children be taught nowadays and how?

1 Like

I think, in general, that the culture of thinking and values should surround children. We must teach children to be strong individuals with critical thinking. Also, education should bring to children such skills as adaptability, resiliency and problem shooting ability. On the question of how to do it, I have no answer, sorry. :pensive:

3 Likes