Parents should spend their time with children on playing or schoolwork

Question:
Some people believe that when busy parents do not have a lot of time to spend with their children, the best use of that time is to have fun playing games or sports. Others believe that it is best to use that time doing things together that are related to schoolwork. Which of the two approaches do you prefer?

Here is my answer:
With the development of society, more and more adults spend most of their time at work. As a result, they are too busy to stay with their kids for a long time. When that is the case, some experts hold the opinion that such parents should use this precious time advising their children about schoolwork or other things related to the study. However, in my view, I would definitely agree that parents should spend their time having fun with their kids or doing some sports together.

First of all, children nowadays are occupied with the homework all the day, they need time to relax and communicate more with their parents. For example, lots of high schools start increasing the pressure on students, so that students could get a higher score to enter a great university. In this situation, children have less time to spend with their parents. Furthermore, they also need time to relax or participate in sport activities to keep healthy. Therefore, it is better to have fun with children when parents are free from work.

In addition, doing sports or having fun together is an excellent way to strengthen the connection between children and their parents. The love between them is the most important thing in this relationship. A great adhesive in this relationship is the amazing things they experience together, such as a wonderful football match they watch together or having a nice communication with some funny jokes. Moreover, with such positive interaction, children would feel loved by their parents and even be much more confident and outgoing. Thus, having fun together is a good way to cement the relationship between children and their parents.

Last but not least, it is possible that parents can realize children’s talents or abilities when spending time together. There are lots of famous athletes whose talent of the sport was found by their parents when they were young. For instance, Junhui Ding is a billiard player who was the number 1 ranked player in the world. His talent was discovered by his father when he was just in primary school. His father played billiard with him and realized that his child was very good at playing snooker. After that, his father started training him and finally Junhui became the world champion.

To sum up, there are lots of ways for parents to spend time with their children. Yet, I personally think that having fun with children is the best way and I highly recommend parents to do so. With this effort, I believe the relationship between parents and their children could even be stronger.

3 Likes

Hello Lea, many thanks for joining our forum. Can you please tell us a little bit about your situation? What exactly do you want to achieve and why have you posted your essay here? Best regards, Torsten

1 Like

Hi Torsten, thank you for your reply. I’m preparing on TOEFL test, so I want to get some opinions about my essay under the requirement of TOEFL independent writing.
Best regards, Leaf

2 Likes

Your essay is quite good and I’m sure you will score high marks on the TOEFL test.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I am appreciated if you could give me some detailed opinions about my essay.

2 Likes

What exactly do you need detailed feedback for? I don’t see the point.

1 Like