Parents should make important decisions for their older teenage children

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents or other adult relatives should make important decisions for their older (15-18 year old) teenage children. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

Should the parents make important decisions for their children, whatever the answers may be for this matter, in my opinion, parents or other adult relatives need not make important decisions for their older teenage children because of two reasons which are due to their independence and also their knowledge being enough to solve problems by themselves.

Firstly, older teenage children, especially from fifteen to eighteen year old, do not want to be dependent on their parent, they are in process of growing up, and thus they would like to make their own decisions themselves to prove they are maturing. For instance, let now take me as an example, when I was in grade 12, I had decided to study further for getting master degree. However, my parents did not let me do that since they thought it would like to be enough for me and I was likely to find one job and to take part in it. However, I am not agreeable and so we are in strain for so long. Hence, children must not to be subservient to their parent, who cannot help their children all life long.

Secondly, in certain case of being 18 year old, children seemly have at least recognized what is wrong and also what is right. For example, in western countries, when a child reaches the age of eighteen, the parents tend to let them go out and lead a useful life and it has been raging for sometimes now. Besides, whatever they do, though they can get several mistakes, I believe that they are able to learn much from being fallen.

Still after taking all these consideration, I again claim that the older teenage children have their own right to decide their decision. With the development of technology, teenagers are to be more active and knowledgeable than their former generation. Thus, they can shape their life by themselves and I believe that it is the good way for them.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture on American social history

On organization, you are improving. But still you end up using the wrong words.

E.g.

1. “However, I am not agreeable and so we are in strain for so long.” should be something like this –

“However, I wanted to do masters, and it resulted in a friction between my parents and me.”

1. “I again claim that the older teenage children have their own right to decide their decision.”

It should be – “I again claim that the older teenage children have the right to take their own decision”

I am just pointing out few of the mistakes. There are few more and I would explain them
one by one as and when I get time.

The sentence is too long. Consider breaking it into small sentences. Also, restating the topic as it is in the introduction leaves a bad impression.

The most important thing in introduction is to attract the reader’s attention by having something catchy.

Let’s see if someone can come up with something good :wink:

Until then.