Panglish

Hi,

How do you react to this:

Hello,

An interesting article indeed. I attribute this ‘phenomenon’ to people’s lack of interest in terms of studying, literating themselves, and, of course, the growing number of Internet communities where ‘Panglish’ is a common way of expression, displacing English norms.

Regards

Please. Alan, don’t be so ethnocentric.

Many times, it’s lack of funds and time which brings about such a situation.

Hi,

Who? Me?

Alan

¡Tu!

:wink:

Moi?

But I haven’t said anything yet!

Alan

Dr Jurgen Beneke is wrong when he says that most interactions in English take place between non-English speakers. The average ESL speaker uses their native language most of the time. Let’s say you are Chinese. Whom do you interact with most of the time? With other citizens of China of course. Now, do most citizens of China speak English with each other most of the time? Of course not. Do Americans and Britons speak English with each other most of time? Of course they do. So how many ‘interactions’ take place in English between non-native speakers of English?[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening lectures: The lecturer uses the Gandara culture as an example of what?[YSaerTTEW443543]

Dr Jurgen Beneke is wrong when he says that most interactions in English take place between non-English speakers.

I think he meant “of those who do not speak the same L1, most interactions in English take place between non-English speakers.”.

Hi,

what would you think if you receive a post with a subject line sounding: easy to reach meds here now for cheap@…?

Is this some kind of Panglish?

Michael