others' advice vs personal experiences

Please review my writing, master… :slight_smile:

Prompt:
Some people believe that the best way learning about life is by listening to the advice of family and friends. Other people believe that the best way of learning about life is through personal experience. Compare the advantages of these two different ways of learning about life. which do you think is preferable?

Answer:

People will have their better lives when they know how to deal with their problems and to win their goals. Some people believe that the best way of learning about life is listening to the advice of their family and friends. Others believe that their personal experiences give them more lessons of life. Therefore, the following explanations will compare the advantages of learning from others and the benefits of learning from personal experience that will lead my preference.

Learning from others, especially friends and family, have several advantages that may not be gained through personal experiences. One of the advantages is that people can easily apply how to get a particular goal from their friends or family who have already achieved the same goal; in the other words, they do not have to make some trials and errors in order to get their purpose. For example, when I need to get a high score in TOEFL, I can just learn from my friends who have already got it. I can ask for their advice. I do not have to waste my time to find the best way to get a high score because I can directly apply my friends’ way.

Even though learning from personal life experiences means that people must do trial and error to get their success in their lives, personal experiences reshape them to be more cautious people. They can continue to do something that can make some positive results; furthermore, they can avoid their personal bad experiences in the future. For example, when my friend got a bad score in writing session of his previous iBT TOEFL test, he learnt how to be a good writer by avoiding the same failures that he had made before. As the result, he got a good result on writing in his latest test.

After elaborating the advantages of learning both from others’ advice and personal experience, in my opinion, learning from others’ suggestions, such as family and friends, are the best way of learning about life because I only have to learn from others’ success story rather than doing trial and error to find the best way to get the goal.

TOEFL listening lectures: A lecture from an American History class

People will have their better lives when they know how to deal with their problems and to win their goals. Some people believe that the best way of learning about life is listening to the advice of their family and friends. Others believe that their personal experiences give them more lessons of life. Therefore, the following explanations will compare the advantages of learning from others and the benefits of learning from personal experience that will lead my preference.

Learning from others, especially friends and family, have several advantages that may not be gained through personal experiences. One of the advantages is that people can easily apply how to get a particular goal from their friends or family who have already achieved the same goal; in the other words, they do not have to make some trials and errors in order to get their purpose. For example, when I need to get a high score in TOEFL, I can just learn from my friends who have already got it. I can ask for their advice. I do not have to waste my time to find the best way to get a high score(,) because I can directly apply my friends’ way.

Even though learning from personal life experiences means that people must do trial and error to get their success in their lives, personal experiences reshape them to be more cautious people. They can continue to do something that can make some positive results; furthermore, they can avoid their personal bad experiences in the future. For example, when my friend got a bad score in writing session of his previous iBT TOEFL test, he learnt how to be a good writer by avoiding the same failures that he had made before. As the result, he got a good result on writing in his latest test.

After elaborating the advantages of learning both from others’ advice and personal experience, in my opinion, learning from others’ suggestions, such as family and friends, are the best way of learning about life because I only have to learn from others’ success story rather than doing trial and error to find the best way to get the goal.

Quite good SC.

Kitos. 8.5/10

plz chk this for me.

Everyone has his/her own way of dealing problems when they come across in their lives. Some people learn from the other experiences and some wants to explore and experience personally first handed. I prefer to learn from other experiences and I have certain reasons to support this belief which I would explain in the following paragraphs.
First of all,by following the advices and experiences from others who have been in similar situations as I am now ,I can be well prepare ahead .For example I gave my 2nd licensing exam last month ,I got the whole information from the previous test takers ,what are the topics most tested and how should I respond to particular questions .In that way I was well prepared and more confident on my exam day .
Secondly we lower the threshold of mistakes by following the previous experiences. For the same exam which I mentioned earlier I was able to get good score by avoiding those mistakes which were made by the other students. If I wouldn’t have gotten this information and had not worked on those mistakes, I would have passed with the low scores or even have failed the exam.
Furthermore we can save a lot of time and energy or even money some time .in the less amount of time but with solid and comprehensive advices from others, I believe one can achieve his goal successfully without draining out both mentally, physically and economically.
In conclusion, everyone has right to follow his heart to decide whether they want to go ahead with experimenting or take advantage of others advice. Being said that, my personal way of dealing day to day problems is by being well prepared ,well informed ,spending less time and energy .and that I can achieve only by following the advices from the people in that particular field .