One paragraph about my favorite TV programme

Hi,guys

Please check out the paragraph below about my favorite TV programme. Thanks in advance.

Here,I have some questions.

1.I would like to watch it when my mood is not calmness.

May I say ‘my mood is not calmness’ to describe somebody’s emotion?

2.After watching it, I find that many people are so glad to help impoverished people without asking any kinds of rewards.

Here,may I say ‘impoverished’ ,instead of ‘poor’ and ‘rewards’ for this case?

3.I feel dissolved

Again,may I say ‘dissolved’ to describe somebody’s emotion?

Please correct my mistakes if possible.

Maggie 8)

hi,
At first I have to say I’m not a native speaker. I can only have some suggestions :slight_smile:

My favorite television programme is ‘Da Ie Drama’, which is hosted by the biggest charity organization of Taiwan. In that program,it IS SHOWN (passive voice) how some kind people help the others who need support and they share money,food etc. those they own to persons who they don’t know. (in this moment I’m a bit confused)[u] I like watching it (like+ ‘ing’ for hobbies) when I’m not in the best mood and I need calm. [u]It made me realize that many people are glad to help the poor (as a group of people) without asking for any kind of reward.I feel dissolved (what do you meen by usin this word?). I think (you think now not in the future) I am so lucky because I don’t need to worry about trivial things which happen in my life. Moreover, I cherish (everyday, right?) what I have now much easier. That’s why I like watching (like +'ing") this television programme.

Hi,hopeless_girl

First of all , I appreciate your considerations very much. Here,I have some questions to discuss with you.

1.I like watching it (like+ ‘ing’ for hobbies)
I have searched this term in Google. And I have found out ‘I like to watch TV’. So I think maybe I could say ‘I like to TV’. I just know I should say ‘I enjoy watching TV’. We need to add ‘ving’ after some verbs,such as enjoy and so on. However, I have never heard (like + ‘ing’ for hobbies). In my opinion,native people can know what they usually say. So I hope any native people can tell easier if I can say ‘I like to watch TV’.

2.I feel dissolved.

Here,I meant I can see some some frames that shown some poor people are very pity. For example,some people were sick, but their family didn’t have money. So doctors didn’t want to take care of them. This kind of frame would le me dissolved in. I am not sure if you know the term ‘disslove’ means to suddenly start to cry or laugh(find it in cambridge online dictionary). Have you maken sense now?

3.There are two sentences below I don’t understand what do you actually mean?

I think (you think now not in the future) I am so lucky because I don’t need to worry about trivial things which happen in my life.

Moreover, I cherish (everyday, right?) what I have now much easier.

What do you mean about the terms included in the parentheses?

See you soon.

Maggie^^

hi Maggie
1.I like watching it (like+ ‘ing’ for hobbies)
uazone.org/friends/esl4rus/ingform.html
pay attention to :

1. Like and would like

When the verb like means enjoy, it’s followed by the -ing form. However, the expression would like (want to) is followed by the infinitive.

I like going abroad on marketing trips. (I enjoy this.)
I would like to go more often.(I want to go more often.)

“Like” in your case means that it is pleasure for you to watch TV? Watching TV in this sense refers also to routine so the best tense which expresses it is the simple present.

2.I feel dissolved.

The only one expression which I know and which is similar:
dissolve into tears - idiom, and means to start cry suddenly, and dissolve in this case is also a verb which can’t be changed into adjective

3.There are two sentences below I don’t understand what do you actually mean?

I think (you think now not in the future) I am so lucky because I don’t need to worry about trivial things which happen in my life.

Moreover, I cherish (everyday, right?) what I have now much easier.

What do you mean about the terms included in the parentheses?

“I think” means “In my opinion” and has no future reference, what is more, “opinion” as such refers to present

“I would do sth” has future reference with a slightly hypothetical meaning

And to me “cherish” sounds strange in this place, maybe appreciate is more appropriate?

Do usłyszenia :slight_smile: (see you)