One hour twenty minutes time?

Hi, isn’t in the following phrase the word ‘time’ redundant? UK voters will start going to the polls in one hour twenty minutes time.

Many thanks,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC short conversations: Giving directions to the airport[YSaerTTEW443543]

Unnecessary, but very frequently used.

1 Like

[color=blue]You are really something, and I don’t mean something good.
Why would anyone capitalize and punctuate something that is not a sentence?

not that I am surprised at your incompetence

1 Like

Have you ever given any thought as to the purpose of punctuation? The whole point is that it gives the writing an organisation and structure which enables the reader to understand what you are saying with greater clarity.

Punctuation consists of both rules and conventions. There are rules of punctuation and they certainly have their place; but there are also punctuation conventions that give writers greater choice.

With that in mind, why wouldn’t one punctuate an abbreviated sentence as if it were a full sentence, especially on an informal platform?
Narrow-mindedness, lack of creativity and inflexibility, I suppose. Something which is clearly reflected in your inability to pass comment without hurling insults.

This may help you appreciate that there is an informal style:
skillsyouneed.com/write/form … ormal.html
though I doubt you will pay it enough attention.

1 Like

[quote=“Beeesneees”]

With that in mind, why wouldn’t one punctuate an abbreviated sentence as if it were a full sentence, especially on an informal platform?
[color=blue]It doesn’t surprise me that you are silly enough to think that an ESL learning site is an informal platform!

1 Like

It doesn’t surprise me that you are bitter and abusive enough to give that as a reason and ignore everything else.

1 Like