On my way!

1. Can someone please tell me If this sentence is correct " I’m on my way to the market" then why this sentence is wrong " I’m on my way to the home."

2. Please point out mistakes if any " Once I send a text message to her mobile to know about how she is and what is she up to these days but didn’t get any response. Since then I’m not in contact with her."

Thanks in advance!

Regards!

Mirch!

‘I’m on my way to the home’ is wrong because ‘home’ when it relates to where you live does not take an article.
If you use ‘homr’ with an article (a home/the home) it relates to an institution where people are housed - a home for orphans or a home for the elderly for example.
‘I’m on my way home’ is the correct form when talking about the place where you live.

“Once I sent a text message to her mobile to find out how she was and what she was up to, but I didn’t get any response. Since then I have not been in contact with her.”
Your use of ‘once’ indicates clearly that the sentence is in the past tense. If you wish to set it more in the present, then this works:
“I sent a text message to her mobile to find out how she is and what is she up to these days but I didn’t get any response. I’m no longer in contact with her.”

Thank you so much Beeesneees for the detailed reply. But I’ve problem with “to” If we can write “I’m on my way to the market” then why can’t we write “I’m on my way to home”.

Can we say…

“I sent a text message to her mobile to find out how she is and what is she up to these days but I have not received any response. I’m no longer in contact with her.”

For the same reason as given regarding the word taking the article. This definition of home does not take ‘to’ either.

yes

Beeesneees,

1. I went to the home of orphans.
  2. I went to the home of orphans to offer help to them.
    Are they correct?

They’re correct but they sound stilted. A fluent speaker would be more likely to say:
I went to the orphans’ home…

Thank you all for the healthy discussion on this post: :slight_smile: