old buildings and new ones

Governments spend an enormous amount of money on renovations of old buildings in large cities. Some believe that this money is better to be spent on building new houses and road development. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

While walking on the street, we can see lots of tower cranes in order to build new buildings, and there are some old buildings in big cities, like Seoul. Some people insist that new building is better than the maintenance of old building. In the following paragraphs, I will enumerate two major reasons why I disagree with them.

There are no more spaces so that new buildings will be built, and even there are too many construction sites in big cities. A lot of residents in there suffer from traffic congestion during rush hour because roads are blocked by construction sites. Moreover, there are no places for people to take a rest in big cities, since most of living areas are used for new building, instead of parks.

As everyone knows, the cost to build new buildings is more expensive than maintaining old ones in all aspects. At first, we need an area to build a new building, while the area is not needed for old one, and lots of expert, such as architects, civil engineers and so forth, should work for a new building, but only a few expert can maintain an old one depending on which parts of old build are maintained.

We can benefit from old buildings in terms of the economy. 4 out of 10 foreigners visit the republic of Korea so as to see beautiful Korean traditional building, like Kyeongbuk palace. Old building can be the good way to attract foreigners to visit South Korea and it will boost our economy.

Taking all that into consideration, old buildings are more valuable than new ones. We should conserve our precious and priceless traditional building, and then pass on them to our next generation.

I always appreciate you helping me. I have a test on Saturday, and if I get a good score, I will think that it is thanks to you

TOEFL listening discussions: Why does the student visit the adviser’s office?

Governments spend an enormous amount of money on THE renovation of old buildings in large cities. Some believe that this money is better to be spent on building new houses and road development. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

While walking In the street, we can see lots of tower cranes BEING USED in order to build new buildings, and there are MANY old buildings in big cities, like Seoul. Some people insist that A new building is better than the maintAINING AN old building. In the following paragraphs, I will enumerate two major reasons why I disagree with them.

There are no more spaces I THE CITY so new buildings CANNOT be built, and even there are ALREADY too many construction sites in big cities. A lot of residents LIVinG there suffer from traffic congestion during rush hour because roads are blocked by construction sites. Moreover, there are no places for people to take a rest in big cities, since most of THE living areas are used for new buildingS, instead of parks.

As everyone knows, the cost to build new buildings is more expensive than maintaining old ones in all aspects. At first, we need an area to build a new building, while the area is not needed for AN old one, and lots of expertS, such as architects, civil engineers and so forth, should work ON a new building, but only a few expertS can maintain an old one depending on which parts of THE old buildING NEED maintainING.

We can benefit from old buildings in terms of the economy. 4 out of 10 foreigners visit the republic of Korea so as to see beautiful Korean traditional building, like Kyeongbuk palace. Old buildingS can be A good way to attract foreigners to visit South Korea and it will boost our economy.

Taking all that into consideration, old buildings are more valuable than new ones. We should conserve our precious and priceless traditional buildingS, and then pass on them ON to our next generation.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
You laid out your work very well Moondikasina. 7.5/10

When you are given your topic on Saturday, first make sure that you fully understand what the task is that you are required to complete. Ignore everything that is going on around you. You have a task to complete. Write down the first two things that come into your mind. Make these the main themes of the two paragraphs you are about to compose.
Write your first paragraph, writing only about what comes into your maid about the first thought … nothing else.
Do the same for your second paragraph.
Write a short conclusion embracing both of your themes. Have a quick review of your completed work. Sit back and relax.