Nowadays many students have the opportunity to study abroad

Please, correct and rate my essay!

Nowadays many students have the opportunity to study for part or all of their courses in foreign countries. While studying abroad brings many benefits to individual students, it also has a number of disadvantages.
Do you agree or disagree?

Currently, a greater number of people has the opportunity of pursuing a university degree overseas. It is widely accepted that studying abroad might improve greatly one’s curriculum and open new career perspectives. Nevertheless, there are some drawbacks of studying in a foreign country. Herein, it will be discussed the pros an cons related to studying abroad.

Firstly, studying overseas sometimes my be pretty expensive. Beyond the tuition fees, students pursuing a degree abroad also have to afford for additional expenses, such as the rent which would not exist if they studied in their own country, living in their parent’s house. Another downside of studying overseas is the homesickness which for some people result in a poor academic, since they might get distracted from their studies.

On the other hand, there are obvious benefits to studying abroad, such as learning a new language and curriculum improvement. For example, people who are from a English speaking country and pursue a degree in a country in which the official language is English have the opportunity to improve their skills in that idiom. Since nowadays English is one of the most spoken language in the world, these people will will have an advantage over others when competing for a position. Another positive aspect is getting to know new people and increasing your network. This improves your chance of getting a job, since this people might indicate you for a position.

To sum up, there are many disadvantages in studying abroad, however they are overweight by the benefits. Today, the job market is quite fierce and getting a degree abroad might be a differential in your curriculum.

TOEFL listening lectures: Which characteristic of Ireland does the professor utilize in his lecture?

Hi Nayara, another good essay, but I really prefer essays that end with a strong thesis statement, not an unnecessary sentence saying you are going to prove the thesis to me. As usual, you have some wonderful ideas that are communicated clearly, but you also have some errors in sentence structure and word choice. Overall, I would rate this a band 6.