Not only in terms of products but also animals

Is this sentence correct or not? “Not only in terms of products but also animals are widely used for transportation and agriculture?”

2 Likes

I’d rephrase it this way: Animals are widely used not only for (food) products but also for transportation and agriculture.

Not only for products are animals widely used but also for transportation and agriculture. (Possible)

4 Likes

Anglophile, I completely agree with you.

2 Likes

Me too :wink: @Anglophile, please tell us what it feels like to live under the curfew in India. Yesterday I read in an article that a lot of women will be experiencing domestic abuse now. Unfortunately, this is the case is in so-called ‘developed societies’ too.

3 Likes

Torsten, to be frank, we do not feel bad or uncomfortable at all to live under this curfew or to impose self-confinement. When the whole world is struggling to contain this deadly virus and when many developed countries have already become victims of this menace, India can only follow the scientific path although her culture is deep-rooted in religion.
As regards your apprehension about women experiencing domestic abuse, I can only say that women are much safer now because their husbands and children are already with them in the same house unlike in the past. And nobody is allowed to go out unless the purpose is related to subsistence (food) and life-saving (medicine).
If you look at the statistics, you will agree with me.

3 Likes

Lawrence, I’m afraid I have to disagree with you on the issue of domestic violence. Scientific research from across the world shows that the longer people are forced to stay together in confinement the higher the rate of abuse.

2 Likes

Torsten, I was replying to this question mainly on the basis of what is seen around here in the southernmost state which is popularly called God’s Own Country where the rate of literacy is 100%. People here are educationally, socially, politically and economically forward. This does not mean that domestic violence is absent here. When there is absolute temperamental incompatibility among couples, they resort to seeking divorce and go their ways sealing the doors for inflicting violence any further.
But in the present global scenario (struggling between life and death) there can hardly be an occasion for people to think of anything except to tide over the crisis and survive!.

3 Likes