“Not everything that is learned is contained in books.” Compare and contrast

It has been said, “Not everything that is learned is contained in books.” Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books. In your opinion, which source is more important? Why?

I absolutely agree with the old saying of “not everything that is learned is contained in books”. The truth is knowledge cannot be confined to what we have learnt attending the formal education. There are several reasons that will be discussed below.

Formal educational books are considered the roots of our learning processes; however, leisure books can also be thought to enhance our knowledge. In fact, if it were not for those non-educational books, I would have followed only one point of view in a certain subject.

Although books contain an immense source of data, there is more information that have not been included yet or that had been written and then lost.

For obtaining new data, we must watch the news on the TV or read the newspaper or listen to a radio program. As well, we can also browse the internet which has a great deal of local and international information.

Only when we discover that experiencing is knowledge in its own terms, do we consider there is more than books where to find wisdom. Working is a great example of gaining experience and thus being much wise. Other means of achieving wisdom through the experiences are developing a hobby, traveling, as well as learning from the practices of other people.

What is more, it is crucial to learn from the committed mistakes, as everybody makes them. As a result, experimenting is also a good way to reach wisdom. By a way of illustration, the invention of the light bulb was the result of several attempts.

All things considered, my viewpoint about life would have been biased if I had not read more stuff than those mandatory at college. Nevertheless, being an experienced person is much more important than being an erudite, because there is always something new to be learnt when we walk through the path of life.

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a bookstore sales clerk and a student

I absolutely agree with the old saying of “not everything that is learned is contained in books”. The truth is knowledge cannot be confined to what we have learnt attending OUR formal education. There are several reasons that will be discussed below.

Formal educational books are considered the roots of our learning processes; however, leisure books can also be thought to enhance our knowledge. In fact, if it were not for those non-educational books, I would have followed only one point of view in a certain subject.

Although books contain an immense source of data, there is more information that have not been included yet or that had been written and then lost.

For obtaining new data, we must watch the news on the TV or read the newspaper or listen to a radio program. As well, we can also browse the Internet which has a great deal of local and international information.

Only when we discover that experiencing is knowledge in its own terms, do we consider there is more than books where to find wisdom. Working is a great example of gaining experience and thus being much wiseR. Other means of achieving wisdom through the experiences are developing a hobby, traveling, as well as learning from the practices of other people.

What is more, it is crucial to learn from the committed mistakes, as everybody makes them. As a result, experimenting is also a good way to reach wisdom. By way of AN illustration; the invention of the light bulb was the result of several attempts.

All things considered, my viewpoint about life would have been biased if I had not read more BOOKS than those DEEMED mandatory at college. Nevertheless, being an experienced person is much more important than being an erudite, because there is always something new to be learnt AS we walk ALONG the path of life.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Oh, you are becoming too good Milily, or perhaps you always were! You have definite talent both in thinking and composing your always-interesting texts.
The spotlight has been turned on you Mil, don’t start sliding back downhill … or else!

Kitos. 9.5/10

I’m pleased about your comment, Kitos. Though, I’m still struggling with the time limit to write my essays. Well, I should keep on practicing.

Practice makes perfect Mil.

Are you jotting down your ideas before you start writing? I know you are worried about the time, but I’m certain your writing will flow once you have the ideas to refer to.

Kitos.