no one to check my essays :(

Hi,

i had written essays about a week ago. But i cudnt find anyone to correct and rate those. I just have a week left for my TOEFL exams and have to do really well so kindly help me. I will be posting my essays below.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university lecture by a professor of Natural History

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: Smoking should not be permitted in restaurants, and state laws that prohibit it should be upheld.

I am in complete accordance with the statement ‘Smoking should not be permitted in restaurants’ and yes the state laws that prohibit it should be upheld. There are many reasons to support the ban on smoking not only from restaurants but also from all public places and stringent laws should be applied for its prohibition.
Smoking is now recognized as the numero uno causative factor leading to lung cancer. It has been now known to weaken the lung tissue and make it susceptible to various other lung infections like tuberculosis, pneumonia etc. Smoking during pregnancy has also been found to cause neonatal defects.
Smokers are described into two categories ; active smokers and passive smokers. Active smokers are those who actively smoke cigarettes whereas passive smokers are described as people who are indirectly exposed to the smoke, by inhaling the smoke released by active smokers. Passive smoking is now attributed to have the same risks as that of active smoking. These passive smokers are found to suffer for no fault of their own. This is the main factor which should be taken into consideration for banning smoking from public places.
Smoking is a result of not only physical dependence on nicotine but it is also an example of psychological dependence. A smoker if abruptly ceases smoking is known to have withdrawal symptoms like increased irritability, lack of concentration, sweating etc. Psychological dependence causes various mental problems and is known to result in strained relations and emotional disturbances resulting in fights and disparities between family.
Thirdly smoking causes economical strain. Smoking a pack of cigarettes can be equated to burning ones hard earned money.
Thus smoking is harmful for one’s physical, mental and social health as well for one’s economic status. It has been seen that the dependence on smoking is so severe that chain smokers are found to be smoking at all times as well as in all places. This can only be prevented if strict laws ban smoking in restaurants and other public places.

Kindly correct and rate my essay. Thanking you in advance :slight_smile:

Some people think that the family is the most important influence on young adults . Other people think that friends are the most important influence on young adults. What view do u agree with using examples.

Man is indeed a social animal who likes to interact with other human beings. These interactions produce an immense influence on us especially in the age where we transition from being children to growing up and being adults. We are mainly influenced by our family and friends in this tender age. I believe that the family has a greater impact on the minds of youth than their friends.

Young adults generally live with their families thereby spending more time with their family than their friends. Also members of a family have the same cultural background, same sets of values and often think on similarly which makes them identify with each other. Also the bonds between family members are based on love, care and concern for each other. It is also seen that since childhood most children idolize their parents as their role models for future. For example I have chosen to be a doctor since both my parents are doctors. Thus it is easier for young individuals to get influenced by a family member.

Friends are generally seen belong in the same age group thereby it can be seen that young adults have friends mainly from their own age group. These friends are the ones we spend time having fun and enjoying. Friends accept you irrespective of what you are whereas the family is ambitious for you and tries to push you harder to bring out the best in you. Since a family expects a lot from you, you try to do better in everything you do to meet their expectations. Friends are supportive of what you do but a family supports you without being too judgemental. Family provides us with a sense of security which no other friend could provide. Friends have almost the same amount of experience as you do whereas a family has more experience and maturity of thought which is very helpful in making important decisions for you.

Thus a family is seen to have a profound influence on the mind of a young adult than the friends would ever do.

Kindly correct my essay and rate it. Your opinions to improve my essays would be highly appreciated

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: Smoking should not be permitted in restaurants, and state laws that prohibit it should be upheld.

I am in complete accordance with the statement ‘Smoking should not be permitted in restaurants’ and yes the state laws that prohibit it should be upheld. There are many reasons to support the ban on smoking not only from restaurants but also from all public places and stringent laws should be applied for its prohibition.
Smoking is now recognized as the numero uno causative factor leading to lung cancer. It has been now known to weaken the lung tissue and make it susceptible to various other lung infections like tuberculosis, pneumonia etc. Smoking during pregnancy has also been found to cause neonatal defects.
Smokers are described into two categories ; active smokers and passive smokers. Active smokers are those who actively smoke cigarettes whereas passive smokers are described as people who are indirectly exposed to the smoke, by inhaling the smoke released by active smokers. Passive smoking is now attributed to have the same risks as that of active smoking. These passive smokers are found to suffer for no fault of their own. This is the main factor which should be taken into consideration for banning smoking from public places.
Smoking is a result of not only physical dependence on nicotine but it is also an example of psychological dependence. A SMOKER WHO CEASES TO SMOKE abruptly is known to have withdrawal symptoms like increased irritability, lack of concentration, sweating etc. Psychological dependence causes various mental problems and is known to result in strained relations and emotional disturbances resulting in fights and disparities between family.
Thirdly smoking causes economical strain. Smoking a pack of cigarettes can be equated to burning ones hard earned money.
Thus smoking is harmful for one’s physical, mental and social health as well for one’s economic status. It has been seen that the dependence on smoking is so severe that chain smokers are found to be smoking at all times as well as in all places. This can only be prevented if strict laws ban smoking in restaurants and other public places.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Good morning MG. If you do not post your work as a “New Topic” there is always the possibility it will be ignored. Every essay needs to be posted separately and not as a continuation of another posters work.
This work is excellent.

Kitos. 10/10*****

Thank you Kitos for ur help. I sincerely appreciate it :slight_smile: