Nice to meet you!

My name is SAORI. I’m Japanese! I don’t know how to use this syte yet. But I enjoy learning English. It’s very hot and muggy.

hi…saori…nice to meet you…how are you today…?

Hi … saori … you are welcome …

Hi name is José I am from El salvador and I like this forum becouse I can see people from a lot of countries.

I would like to know people from avery part of the world, write me…

I don’t know how to use this syte yet, but I hope you can help me…

Thank for help me

I like this site

Hello Kilo , how are you ? you are right , iam also like this forum because i can know people from many countries and let me know different cultures and know much information about English grammar . its very nice .

Thanks, where are you from

Thank you so much! I’m happy(#^.^#) Let’s enjoy learning English together.

Hi everybody
I have an question.
What does mean auxiliary verbs?
Tnx

hello zainb, nice to meet you, how r u, i am also meet different contries of people through this english test course. so say about yourself also. where r u from?

Hi Djenicm .
Auxiliary verbs are the verbs that cannot function independently in the sentence , as the must be followed by main verbs .
Ex: She can’t drive . (can) is an auxiliary verb ,(drive) is a main verb .
Its give more information about the main verb, as it denotes the tense , the voice, the aspect and the mood of the main verb.
Auxiliary verbs are divided into two major classes, which are :
1- Modal axuiliary verbs.
2- The auxiliary verbs (to be ),(to have ) and (to do).
Auxiliary verbs ca function as main verbs in the sentence , as in :
e.g. (She is a linguist .)
e.g. ( They have two girls and two boys.)
e.g. (She does her work perfectly.)

The modal auxiliary verbs are (can , could ,may ,maight , will, would ,shall, should ,must ,ought to ,and have to )
1-its cannot accure alone in the santence ,but it precede the main verb ;
e.g.( I can speak English fluently )

2-*Sometimes , they appear to function as independent. But actually, they are not . Because in this case , the main verb is implied . as :
e.g.(Do your homework. You (must) .

3- Modals are always followed by the base form of tha main verb.
e.g.( I “must finish” my work before I leave ).

4_ Modal verbs cannot accept (Ing)form , (plural S ),(ed) .
That mean ; we cannot say (canning , cans ,or caned ) its [size=100][size=18]wrong[/size][/size]
But , we can say ( going , drives , played) becease the are main verbs . but (can) is an auxiliary verb .

5- They can be used in questions, where they occupy a position immediatly before the subject.
e.g.( Can I ask you a question ?)
and before main verbs ,in tag questions and short answers .
e.g.( You can speak Franch , can’t you ?) ( Yes , I can .)

6-They can also be used in expressing negation , where they occupy a position before (not).
e.g. ( You should not act as rudely as this.

My Greetings …

Hello Pallu , me too . yes , its nice to meed people from defferent countries . iam from iraq , iam student in the colledge ,study english language in the forth stage . what about you ?

Welcome SAORI :slight_smile:

Thank you!
Hi,Omer12!

hi… SAORI
I’m Ning. I’m from thailand ^^
japan is very hot and muggy but thailand hot only !!

nice to talk you ^^

Hi! My name is Huong (don’t bother if you have trouble pronouncing it) and though I’ve used this site for some time, I’m new to the forum. Anyway, I’d like to make friends with you, if possible, partly because I love Japan so much, as well as your name :slight_smile: So nice to meet you, Saori!

Hi let call me Ronny I had joined this web for a long time before stopping over 1 year .I am from Vietnam I love English , Japanese anime and travelling. Nice to meet all of you guys, would u like to make friend with me?