New word: intricalities

Hi,

Inadvertently this morning I tuned to a different radio programme with one of those presenters, you know the sort that’s got verbal diarrhoea. He was interviewing a lawyer and asking his opinion. Come on now, he said, talk us through the intricalities of this new law.

Sounds like a first to me and I like it.

Alan

Hi Alan

That is an original word. But, it seems to be only “among the first”, rather than “the first” usage. I googled the word and found a “Mrs. Pilkington”. It sounds like she might want to take credit for inventing the word “intricalities.” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Amy

Hi Alan,

I take it you the radio programme was the first time you heard that word? How did you memorize it and how did you come up with its spelling? I googled the singular intricality and there are not that many results indeed.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: Afternoon traffic report sponsored by fitness studio[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi Torsten,

I just guessed it was the right spelling and I assume it’s a composite of intricacy and technicality. Could catch on?

Alan

Yes Alan, I do think the word can become popular. All it takes is for some radio presenters to use it several times and it will spread through the mass media and in no time it could be the next buzz word.[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEIC listening, talks: One of the mayor’s personal assistants leaves voice message for journalist cancelling interview appointment[YSaerTTEW443543]