New Member. I am May from the Philippines.

Good day everyone! I am so happy to be one of the members of this forum :smiley: . I hope to have friends here who like to learn a lot. I am May from the Philippines :smiley:

Hello May, how is it going? We’re glad to have you around. Where in the Philippines do you live and how did you learn English?
Talk to you soon,
Torsten[YSaerTTEW443543]

TOEFL listening discussions: A conversation between a bookstore sales clerk and a student[YSaerTTEW443543]

Hi every one, I am very happy to join this community and introduce my shelf. I am a Vietnam student, 26 ages. I am studying in Environmental Science & Engineering in Vietnam University.

I really want to use English language as a common language in my works. Therefore, I would like to receive your cooperation to improve my skill as well.

Thank you very much!

Dear,
I am Hafidh Farouq. I am a Sudanese currently working as a translator for Oman Telecommunications Company based in the Sultanate of Oman. I used to be a teacher of English as a second language. Now I am doing my phd program in ESL.
Warmest Regards,
Hafidh

Could you please clarify the difference between: I look forward to and I am looking forwad to?
Thanks

Hi Hafidh! Good luck with your PhD.
As far as I know one uses “I look forward to” in a formal letter (business letter) while “I am looking forward to” is more appropriate in an informal or semi-formal letter - e.g. when writing to a friend, a relative or someone of your age or when not writing in an official tone.
Hope it helps.

Hi Hafidh! Good luck with your PhD.
As far as I know one uses “I look forward to” in a formal letter (business letter) while “I am looking forward to” is more appropriate in an informal or semi-formal letter - e.g. when writing to a friend, a relative or someone of your age or when not writing in an official tone.
Hope it helps.

Hi
Thanks so much for this invaluable information. What does this expression mean when someone described as “walk talk”? and the idiom: Doing the right thing is better than doing things right.
Best Regards

Would you like to find an error in this sentence: “Many people relax by listenning to music”?
Thanks.