Never, never give up

Hello Kitos, this work is differ with my previous works.
Please review it and give your comment. (329 words)
Thanks in advance.

The expression “Never, never give up” means keep trying and never stop working for your goals. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Failure is one of the hardest things that ever happen to me. There has been countless of failures I have passed in my life. Every time I failed on something, I would think to never and never give up. The results usually were very amazing, but unfortunately there are some circumstances where it would be better to not use this trick. I will describe these two different situations before choosing the best solution.

When I was in the sophomore year in my university, I was facing an extremely difficult exam of a subject. This subject was uneasy because there were a lot of things I had to remember, and when it comes to remembering words, my brain is not cooperative at all. As I expected, the results was very bad, but luckily I managed to pass this subject with the lowest score. Actually, there was an option to repair my score. I could take this subject again in the next year and try to get a better score. But if I retook it, my graduation from the university could be delayed. After thinking wisely, I choose not to take it again.

Another situation where always trying and never giving up brought a good effect, is when I was in the first year of my university life. I was looking for a scholarship to cover my living expenses and my school fees. At first effort, I was rejected by a sponsor of the scholarship. After that, I did not give up and tried to search another sponsor. After several rejections, finally I was accepted, and I got two scholarships to cover both my school fee and living expenses. I could try and try again in this condition because it had no risk like the previous example.

Never giving up is not a good strategy because it cannot be applied in some situations. The best way is to think more wisely, and compare the risks and the benefits of our decisions.

TOEFL listening discussions: What seems to be the student’s main skill?

Hello Kitos, this work is differ with my previous works.
Please review it and give your comment. (329 words)
Thanks in advance.

The expression “Never, never give up” means keep trying and never stop working for your goals. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Failure is one of the hardest things that ever happened to me. There have been countless failures that I have encountered in my life. Every time I failed at something, I would think I should keep trying and never give up. The results usually were very amazing, but unfortunately there are some circumstances where it would be better to not use this trick. I will describe these two different situations before choosing the best solution.

When I was in the sophomore year in my university, I was facing an extremely difficult exam in a subject. This subject was so difficult, because there were a lot of things I had to remember, and when it comes to remembering words, my brain is not cooperative at all. As I expected, the results were very bad, but luckily I managed to pass this subject with the lowest score. Actually, there was an option to repair my score. I could take this subject again in the next year and try to get a better score. But if I retook it, my graduation from the university could be delayed. After thinking wisely, I choose not to take it again.

Another situation where always trying and never giving up brought a good outcome. It was when I was in the first year of my university life. I was looking for a scholarship to cover my living expenses and my school fees. At my first effort, I was rejected by a sponsor of the scholarship. After that, I did not give up and tried to search another sponsor. After several rejections, finally I was accepted, and I got two scholarships to cover both my school fees and living expenses. I could try and try again in this condition because it carried no risk like the previous example.

Never giving up is not always a good strategy, because it cannot be applied in some situations. The best way is to think more wisely, and compare the risks and the benefits of our decisions.

A very good essay Argentum. I liked the examples too. Well done.

Kitos. 8.5/10

Thank you.
I really appreciate your help and encouragement. :slight_smile: