my second essay, luschen,thank you sooooo much.:D

agree or disagree,life today is easier and more comfortable than it was when your grandparents were children.
Predicting the future is notoriously difficult. Back to fifty years, how can our grandparents imagine their off-springs living such a better life? Actually, thanks to a prosperous economy, a stable political environment and advanced technology, we are indeed living in an easier and more comfortable world.
First, the development of economy has greatly improved people’s living conditions. Life in the past is so hard that our grandparents had to save every penny for their children’ s education , wear patched shoes and clothes in harsh winters and even eat tree barks and weeds for food because of starvation. This is what our grandparents were facing when they were children. However, compared with them, we needn’t worry about our next meal, we have enough money and time to travel around the world and some of us even can afford buying numerous luxuries. All of these contrasts in my country reflect the improvement of the quality of people’s life, both in the respects of material and spirit.
Second, a stable political environment makes people study and work in peace and contentment. The dream that Martin Luther King ever expected tens of years ago finally comes true. You will never see mothers holding their sons and crying bitterly on the days of their departure to battle. You will never need to worry that someday the blast from bombs may take your life. The light of Piece has already reached most corners of the world. Moreover, even though prejudice and inequality have not been eliminated completely, we can guarantee that governments have already paid much attention to the importance of humanity and principles about them have already been written into the constitution. Such a stable political environment and such wise governments indicate that we are indeed living a far more comfortable life than our grandparents.
Third, advanced technology is one of the things that have made this possible. Take Internet for example: this has not only made it possible for us to work and study online, but it has also enabled us to keep track of our friends at any time. Or look at the advent of e-commerce: the advent of shopping malls online and relatively quick and affordable logistics offline have made it possible for us to click our mouse in the morning and receive our dream products from another city in the evening, which would not be feasible when our grandparents were young. By making computers personal and putting the Internet in our pockets, the fifth information revolution brings about a profound change in everyone’s life, creating a much more deeply connected global system and thus making people live truly easier.
In a nutshell, as I noted, we are indeed living in an easier and more comfortable world with a prosperous economy, a stable political environment and advanced technology.

TOEFL listening lectures: A university science lecture on Island Biogeography

Hi Vivian, I think you may be a bit more optimistic than me, but your essay is very good, with a clear structure and detailed examples and arguments to support your thesis. Most of your writing sounds very natural, but you do have some problems with complicated verb tenses. Hopefully my suggestions will point you in the right direction. Besides those, you just have a few grammatical errors here and there. Overall, I would rate this a 4.5 out of 5