My first steps in English

Hello Natya,
so you are part of a film project in your school. How nice! It must be really fun to be part of such an interesting project.
What is your role in the film? Or maybe you are the director.
Whatever your part is in the film I bet you will do great.
Perhaps if your teachers decide to post the film somewhere we might have a chance to watch it. I would certainly like that.
Your school teachers seem to be very enthusiastic. They are always creating fun projects.
Don’t forget to let us know about the progress of your film project.
See you soon,
Mauricio.

Hello Tanya,
I’m glad you got your credit on Russian language. You have all reason to be very proud of yourself.
I think Russian language must be very difficult. But you have conquered it.
I haven’t heard from Urs either. He must have been very busy these days. I also miss his messages and I hope he’ll come back soon.
Keep up the good work.
See you soon,
Mauricio.

Hello Zorigma,
I’m glad you are back to recording forum messages. It’s always nice to hear from you.
So how is school going? Have you had good marks lately?
What is your favourite subject?
When I was a student I used to like sciences very much.
Take care and don’t stop sending messages.
See you soon,
Mauricio.

Hello Mauricio and everyone,

It is Nadya again. In one of your letters you wrote that there are two terms at Brazilian school. But our school year is divided in 4 parts, and we call them “CHETVERTs”. The foreigners translate it as half-terms.

Recently we have been to the city of Irkutsk. Irkutsk is a big and fast growing city and I like it very much. We visited the Puppet theatre, the Shopping and Leisure Center and the Nerpinary. The Nerpinary is the place where nerpas live and give their performances for children and adults. Nerpas are funny and beatiful seals who live in Lake Baikal. But Nerpinary is a big roofed pool in the center of Irkutsk.

Take care,
Nadya

Hi Nadya,

Pleased to hear about Nerpinary, a big roofed pool in the center of Irkutsk! I’ve not heard about nerpa earlier. So, you deserve lots of thanks for it from me. I wish if I could visit Irkutsk to enjoy amazing nerpa performances!

Cheers!

Mujibur

Hi Nadya,

Pleased to hear about Nerpinary, a big roofed pool in the center of Irkutsk! I’ve not heard about nerpa earlier. So, you deserve lots of thanks for it from me. I wish if I could visit Irkutsk to enjoy amazing nerpa performances!

Cheers!

Mujibur

Hello Nadya,

like Mujibur, I had never heard about Nerpa. So I also thank you for telling us about this beautiful animal. I guess their show must be delightful to see.
I remember I once attended a show like that in an aquarium. There was a big whale who performed great acrobatic moves. Sometimes it spread water all over the audience on its way back into the water. It was very funny.

Like you said here in my country the school year is divided into two terms. We have only started the first term for 2013 last Monday because the year of 2012 had a delay because of a teacher’s strike that took place last year.

It’s great to talk to you. Don’t stop posting messages and practising your English.

See you soon,
Mauricio.

Hello everyone,

It is nice to talk to you again. I have got some news for you. First, we will have our vacation soon. Second, I will go to Arshan to have a rest. There is a good health camp there. Its name is ‘Sagan-Dali’.

Take care,
Tanya

Hello,

I have to rush to my musical school but I want to say you hello very much. So, hello and good-bye.

Best wishes,
Zorigma

Hello Mauricio,

We have already shot three episodes of our film. And we’ll be shooting them til the 11th Grade. I will ask my teacher if I could sent you these episodes.

Take care,
Nastya

To Teacher Yuri’s students,

As school winds down, I am sure that many of you are looking forward to having a few weeks off from school. It’s a perfect time to energize yourselves. Anything special planned this summer?

You know, there are productive ways you can spend your summer. I hope you take a vacation where you can enjoy and learn something as well. I believe that everybody has done very well this school year. Try to establish listening, speaking, reading and writing habits. They are incredibly important during school. Practice more to see improvement in the next school year.

Hope that you enjoy the rest of your summer.

Regards to everybody.

Evylinda

Hello everyone,

I haven’t talked to you for ages! My musical school takes very much time. I play the guitar and soon I will take the exam.
I plan to go swiming on my vacation and I think that I will attend the summer camp at my school. Unfortunately we won’t have our favourite English Club and I think that I will send my next message only on the 1st of September.

Best wishes,
Erdem

Hello Mauricio, Evulinda and Mujibur,

I am very glad to know that you liked my story about nerpas. They are so cute animals! This summer I will attend our summer camp but our English teacher won’t be able to hold the English Club. He will be very busy with his students who are going to take exams.
After summer camp I will go to the health camp in Arshan. Thus, I will attend two camps this summer. Evylinda, I will follow your advice and visit the website “English every day”.

Take care,
Nadya

Hello Tanya,
I’m glad your vacations are about to start and that you’ll be able to go to a nice health camp in Arshan. I hope you have a nice time there and get ready to go on with your school work when you are back.
Enjoy yourself and maybe you can take some pictures of the place to show us.
Bye, bye and take care.

Hello Zorigma,
it’s very nice of you to record a message and say hello to us even being in such a big hurry.
It’s very nice to talk to you.
I’ve realized that I mispronounced your name the last time I recorded a message to you. I hope I have done better this time.
Take care and have a good music lesson.
See you soon,
Mauricio.

Hello Natsya,
I’m glad to know that you are on with the film. It’s a very interesting activity. What are the episodes about? Do they tell a story or are they like a documentary?
Congratulations on your nice school work.
ByeBye, Mauricio.

Hello Erdem,
congratulations on your hard work at music school. I bet you must be pretty good at playing the guitar.
My mom can play the guitar very well. I tried to learn once but I couldn’t go forth.
I’m glad to know you’re about to enjoy some nice summer vacation.
I hope you have a very nice time at the summer camp.
See you soon,
Mauricio.

Hello Nadya,
I’m glad to know you have big plans for your summer vacation.
I’m sure you’ll have a great time.
Enjoy yourself and get ready for the next school year.
Best wishes,
Mauricio.

To Yuri’s Students!

Hello, kids! How are you doing?
I know that the most of you are on vacation, enjoying the good moments with your family and your friend.
Your school year is so different than here in Brazil.
In our country, in general, the school year begins in February going to the end of June.
Starting from the July 1st , up to the end of that month, the students enjoy the holidays.
On the 1st of August, the students return at school and continue their school activities until just before Christmas (aproximately on December 20th), when they get the holidays, again.
I hope that all of you enjoying the holidays with health and joy, as well, playing games like basketball, voleyball, football, etc.
Those who have the gift of music, go to play piano, guitar, etc…
(I really love music and I play guitar!)

Hope talk to all you, soon.
Cheers,
Hensiq

My dear friend, Yuri,

I was saddened when I heard the awful news from Mujibur. I want to share my heartfelt condolences at the sudden death of your student. I send my thoughts and prayers, may his/her soul rest in peace.

Please pass my deepest sympathy to the bereaved family.

Very sincerely,

Evylinda

(SORRY! My PC has a problem, I’m not able to record voice message)