My first question -- punctuation

Please place a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ next to each - do each follow British punctuation rules?

1.A- Miss Parsons then said, “How did you answer him when he asked you, ‘How do you know’?”
(Miss Parson’s directly quoted statement is ‘How did you answer him when he asked you’. But at the tail end of this sentence she is quoting somebody else with the sentence ‘How do you know’. Thus, the question mark falls outside of the single end quote - then the final double quotes, correct?)

1. All she said was “No”. [Full stop outside the quotes as shown because I’m essentially quoting what she said? Yes or no?]

2. She said, “No.” [Full stop inside because it’s a direct quote from her, not me?

3. I was told that Diane said, “Tommy’s the one”.
    (I am saying what another person said; thus, the full stop falls outside the ending quotes, correct?)

4. Miss Parson’s directly quoted statement is ‘Be good to yourself and may God bless’. Full stop inside or outside?

5. I don’t like it when she said, “You’re a disgrace”. Inside or outside?

Thank you so very much.

1. No. PLace the question mark inside the quotation marks (in this case, single quotation marks) When having a question both outside quoted material and inside quoted material.
  2. No. Place the period within the quotation marks.
  3. Yes.
  4. No. Place the period within the quotation marks.
  5. No. Place the period within the quotation marks. And you may want to use quotation marks instead of single quotation marks.
  6. No. Place the period within the quotation marks.

It’s just my personal opinion. I hope you could get a better answer from someone else.