My completion of a decade with the dawn of this new year!

Dear Alan and Torsten

It’s been 10 years since we met on this great platform. We have witnessed ‘accords’ with most and ‘discords’ with a few on various issues relating to the English language. We also have had to ‘shout’ (to borrow Torsten’s term) on some occasions. Many of our members have ceased to be active. Some old prominent members are conspicuous by their absence now. Some have had to quit for their own reasons. At least one rude and recalcitrant member had to be cast out.

Meanwhile, we have also seen the transformation of the appearance of this website as well as its name. We have welcomed new guests and language experts as well as new inquisitive members. Some members have rejoined and resumed their activities after a long recess.

However, the members’ participation has not been as active as it used to be until a couple of years ago. Nowadays, good questions (answers to which are useful to beginners and learners) are rarely raised. Requests for evaluating the essays have become more common. The posters often seem to be oblivious of the saying: No pains; no gains! Some still prefer spoon-feeding!

Nevertheless, I find this forum very useful in so far as one can discuss anything relating to English. I also observe that both of you have made it more expedient with your timely intervention in and constant monitoring of the goings-on. (I’m glad that Alan is in good health by His grace).

Well, it’s really gratifying being with you as a non-native English Language Coach. I thank you, Alan and Torsten, for the space offered to me here. Let me take this opportunity to wish you, your team and all the forum members a year that is expected to make a difference from the ones we have passed through so far!

Let’s hope for a freer and happier time in the days ahead during this new year of 2021!
THANK YOU.

3 Likes