My 1st essay: eating at restaurants or eating at home?

Hi. My name is Iris. I’m about to take Toefl test in August and I have about 5 weeks to prepare for the test. My goal is to score 100 on iBT. Writing is the part I need to improve the most. So here is my very first essay. Correction is truly appreciated :slight_smile:

Topic: Some people prefer to eat at food stands or restaurants. Other people prefer to prepare and eat food at home. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Many people like to eat at restaurants while others like to eat at home. I prefer to eat food at home because it is cheaper and healthier, and it can help bond all family members together.

First of all, it is much cheaper to buy food and cook at home than spending a lot of money to eat at restaurants. With the same amount of money, you can buy many kinds of foods while you can just eat less food at restaurants. For example, you use 30 dollars to eat at a restaurant. Instead, you can use that money to buy a lot of foods and cook at home for you whole family.

Second, eating at home is healthier since you can decide what kind of food you want to eat. You can cook food that is suitable to your health condition. For example, a man who has cardiac disease has to avoid high cholesterol food. Therefore, he can easily control what he eats at home while it is difficult to define which food he can eat at restaurants. Moreover, you may not know what you are eating at restaurants. Thus, you may eat unclean food which will partially affect you health. In contrast, you will be safer when preparing and eating food that you cook at home.

Third, it helps to bond family members together as they buy, prepare, and cook food together. Spending time with family and helping each other out will make each member love their family more. In addition, you may feel happier and more enjoyable as you eat food that is cooked by your mother or wife. Cooking for family is a good way to show your love for them.

In conclusion, eating at home is highly recommended because it is cheaper, healthier, and it can improve the relationship among family members. You will feel the warmth of family and enjoy the food that is cooked by you beloved ones.

TOEFL listening discussions: What will the secretary do next?

Sorry Iris. For some reason I am unable to access your work, “BAD GATEWAY” is all I get when trying to edit your essay.

I understand ^_^. I hope u will fix my essay when it can be accessed. Thank you very much.

Hi. My name is Iris. I’m about to take Toefl test in August and I have about 5 weeks to prepare for the test. My goal is to score 100 on iBT. Writing is the part I need to improve the most. So here is my very first essay. Correction is truly appreciated :slight_smile:

Topic: Some people prefer to eat at food stands or restaurants. Other people prefer to prepare and eat food at home. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Many people like to eat at restaurants while others like to eat at home. I prefer to eat food at home because it is cheaper and healthier, and it can help bond all family members together.

First of all, it is much cheaper to buy food and cook at home than spending a lot of money to eat at restaurants. With the same amount of money, you can buy many kinds of foods(,) while you can just eat less food at restaurants. For example, you NEED THIRTY dollars to eat at a restaurant. Instead, you can use that money to buy a lot of food and cook at home for youR whole family.

Second, eating at home is healthier since you can decide what kind of food you want to eat. You can cook food that is suitable to your health condition. For example, a man who has cardiac disease has to avoid high cholesterol food. Therefore, he can easily control what he eats at home while it is difficult to define which food he can eat at restaurants. Moreover, you may not know what you are eating at restaurants. Thus, you may eat unclean food which will partially affect you health. In contrast, you will be safer when preparing and eating food that you cook at home.

Third, it helps to bond family members together as they buy, prepare, and cook food together. Spending time with ONES family and helping each other out will make each member love their family more. In addition, you may feel happier and more enjoyable as you eat food that is cooked by your mother or wife. Cooking for ONES family is a good way to show your love for them.

In conclusion, eating at home is highly recommended because it is cheaper, healthier, and it can improve the relationship among family members. You will feel the warmth of family and enjoy the food that is cooked by you beloved ones.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Excellent work Iris. Keep writing.

Kitos. 9/10